Following the Creation, God revealed that He wanted people to be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth (Gen. 1:28). But everyone perished in the Great Flood except for 8 people (Noah, his wife, their 3 sons, and their sons’ wives).
People began to multiply again: Noah’s son Ham begat Cush; then Cush begat Nimrod (Gen.10). Nimrod is credited with building several cities in the Plain of Shinar, he rose to power over those cities, and he didn’t want the residents scattered over the earth. He wanted to abandon God’s instructions to fill the earth and establish a New World Order (an anti-God world government and world religion).
One city that Nimrod built was named Babel (a word that is also translated Babylon), and it is sometimes called “the city of Satan.” Nimrod started constructing a tower (called the Tower of Babel) so people could go to heaven their way, not God’s way (Gen. 11).
God is not fooled, He is in control, He confused their language so they could not understand each other, and they scattered over all the earth. This eventually led to the formation of sovereign nations with borders.
There was a second attempt to establish a New World Order in the days of King Nebuchadnezzar. It took 3 times (between about 606 and 586 B.C.), but Nebuchadnezzar eventually conquered Israel and Jerusalem. He captured many Jews, including Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and he took them back to Babylon. Shortly after he captured them, Nebuchadnezzar had a dream that troubled him.
It was a Gentile timeline (Times of the Gentiles; a period when Jerusalem would be under the control of Gentile empires) from Babylon to the coming of a Rock that would fill the whole earth (the Second Coming and Millennial reign of Jesus).
The statue had a head of gold, chest and arms of silver, belly and thigh of brass, the upper legs were iron, the lower legs would break into pieces, they would reunite and be mixed with clay in the feet (Dan. 2).
Daniel interpreted the dream for him: Babylon would be replaced by a second kingdom (Medes and Persians), the second kingdom would be replaced by a third kingdom (Greece), the third kingdom would be replaced by a fourth kingdom (the Roman Empire), the fourth kingdom would break into pieces (nations; France, UK, Spain, etc.), the pieces would reunite at the end of the age and be joined by others (EU plus other nations), and a Rock would destroy them when history reaches the tip of the toes.
About 16-20 years passed, and Nebuchadnezzar never forgot his troubling dream. He didn’t want Babylon to be replaced by the second kingdom. He hoped Daniel’s interpretation was wrong and Babylon would last forever.
He decided to build a statue like the one in his dream, but it would be made of gold from the top of its head to the tip of its toes (no silver, brass, Iron, or clay). It would be a rejection of the idea that the kingdoms of silver, brass, Iron, and Iron plus clay would ever come into being. It would signify that Daniel’s God-given interpretation would not come to pass and it would promote a coming New World Order and a new world religion. Nebuchadnezzar scheduled a dedication ceremony, gathered leaders from all over his kingdom, and ordered them to bow down and worship his statue.
To make a long story short, Nebuchadnezzar’s New World Order failed, Babylon was conquered by the Medes and Persians, and Daniel’s interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream has been fulfilled exactly as prophesied up to this point.
According to the Bible, there will be a third New World Order, and among other things, it is called Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth (Rev. 17-18).
Good prophecy teachers disagree over whether the prophecy is literal (ancient Babylon will literally be rebuilt) or allegorical (Babylon is the USA, New York City, etc.), but they all agree that a Satanic New World Order is coming, and it will be destroyed by God (The Ten Kings will destroy the global religion, and Jesus will have the Antichrist and False Prophet cast into the Lake of Fire).
Those who promote the New World Order today are not great men. They are failures who desire to hide from the One who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb (Rev. 6:17).
Here are some articles that seem to indicate that the Tribulation Period is close.
One, concerning a departing from the faith at the end of the age: on Feb. 4, 2024, it was reported that 90 Catholic clergymen, scholars, and authors, have called upon all Catholic Cardinals and Bishops to oppose Pope Francis’ policy that allows priests to bless same-sex marriages.
The group also called upon these officials to “ask directly the pope to urgently withdraw this unfortunate document, which is in contradiction with both Scripture and the universal and uninterrupted Tradition of the Church.”
(My opinion: Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth will deliberately and knowingly contradict Scripture.)
(FYI: A pastor friend of mine is concerned about terrorists coming across America’s border with Mexico, but he believes God may be causing many Hispanics to come to the U.S. because God wants them to hear the gospel and be saved before it is too late. My friend believes that many Hispanics think they are saved because their parents were Catholic, but people are not saved because of what denomination their parents belonged to. My friend believes that the Hispanics that are coming to this country are a great opportunity for Christians to create and support Hispanic ministries to reach them for Jesus.)
Two, concerning Elon Musk’s implantation of a Neuralink chip in a human brain: a reader sent me an article (no information on source) that said, “The promise of transhumanism is the exact same promise the serpent gave to Eve in the Garden: Godlike intelligence and eternal life. You can become a god and live forever.”
“And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die [eternal life]: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil” [Godlike intelligence] (Gen. 3:4-5).
Three, concerning wars and rumors of wars and the decline of America: on Jan. 27, 2024, Iran-backed militias launched a drone attack on a U.S. base in Jordan, killed 3 U.S. troops, and injured dozens more (shrapnel proves the drone was manufactured in Iran).
Pres. Biden said the U.S. will respond at a time and in the manner of our choosing.
Three days later, on Jan. 30, 2024, a drone attack in Jordan injured about 40 Arizona National Guard troops (some just cuts and bruises, others traumatic brain injuries, three transferred to a large hospital, one critical, 34 able to return to duty).
Two days later, on Feb. 1, 2024, U.S. Sec. of Defense Lloyd Austin said the U.S. is preparing to take significant action in response to the death of 3 U.S. troops that were killed in Jordan.
The next day, on Feb. 2, 2024, Iran-back militias vowed to keep striking U.S. troops in Iraq, and Pres. Biden and Defense Sec. Austin were still pondering what to do.
Following the arrival of the bodies of 3 deceased soldiers at Dover Air Force Base on Feb. 2. 2024, officials said the U.S. attacked more than 85 targets at 4 sites in Iraq and 3 sites in eastern Syria; none in Iran where the drone that killed the troops was made and some of the killers’ financing originated.
On Feb. 2, 2024, it was reported that the White House notified Iraq of the attacks and is fully aware that Iraq probably notified Iran, and most of the terrorists probably went into hiding before they happened. There are accusations that Biden waited 5 days before he attacked to give the terrorists plenty of time to prepare and leave.
On Feb. 3, 2024, Iran said most of the fighters and military personnel had left the targeted sights and there was not much damage, but they do not want to expand the war. Iraq reported 16 deaths including civilians and significant damage. Syria reported 23 deaths.
On Feb. 4, 2024, Iran said the attacks were a strategic mistake, and they would have no impact except other than increasing the tension and instability in the region.
On Feb. 4, 2024, Iranian-backed terrorists used a drone to attack a military base in Syria that houses U.S. troops. No U.S. troops were killed, but 6 Kurdish fighters who were U.S. allies were killed.
Four, concerning wars and rumors of wars: on Feb. 2, 2024, it was reported:
- That Hezbollah in Lebanon has launched more than 1,000 attacks on northern Israel since the Israel-Hamas war began on Oct. 7, 2024.
- 80,000 citizens in northern Israel have left their homes.
- At least 427 houses have been damaged.
- 80 houses have suffered a direct hit.
Many Israeli tanks, Jeeps, Humvees, and other military vehicles are now moving toward Israel’s border with Lebanon.
Five, concerning world government and a borderless world: on Feb. 1, 2024, Biden signed an executive order to impose financial and travel sanctions on 4 Jews living in the West Bank that have been accused of extremist violence against Palestinians, but to date, he has done nothing to Iran whose proxies have killed and injured U.S. troops in Jordan).
(My opinion: If Biden can sign an executive order to impose travel sanctions on Jews in the West Bank, he can sign an executive order to impose travel sanctions on illegal aliens and terrorists coming across America’s border with Mexico.)
(More: On Feb. 2, 2024, Elon Musk said the strategy behind Biden’s open border policy is “1. Get as many illegals in the country as possible. 2. Legalize them to create a permanent majority – a one-party state.”
Six, concerning the decline of America and two sets of laws in the U.S.: 155 Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives (75% of their members) voted against deporting illegal aliens that commit Social Security fraud and/or drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Seven, concerning deceit and a population reduction on earth: a recently released extensive peer-reviewed study of Pfizer’s and Moderna’s vaccines by independent qualified scientists found that for every 100,000 vaccinations, two lives were saved and 27 people died (for every life saved, about 14 people died).
Mat Staver, founder of Liberty Council said, “The FDA and the CDC are supposed to protect the people, but they have become the lapdog of the pharmaceutical industry. This must change.”
Eight, concerning the Temple Mount: archaeologists that have been sifting through dirt that was removed from the Temple Mount have found two small weights that precede the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem. One of the weights has a cross on the back and that is evidence of Christian activity on the Temple Mount before the Muslims arrived.
Nine, concerning the sacrifice of a Red Heifer without blemish: on Passover 2024, here is a link to an excellent video by Michael Samuel Smith (Southwest Radio Church) that I highly recommend (about 36 min.). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plu8rW72SHU
Ten, concerning miracles: on Feb. 4, 2024, it was reported that about 6 weeks ago, a battalion of Israeli troops was advancing in Gaza, sunset was approaching, and the soldier in the rear turned east toward Jerusalem to pray. When he turned to pray, he saw a Hamas terrorist with an RPG in his hands coming up out of a tunnel that the Israeli troops had missed. The Israeli soldier fired, then some of his comrades fired, and they dropped the Hamas terrorist before he could get off a shot.
The Israeli soldier’s obedience to God at prayer time probably saved many lives.
Eleven, concerning an increase in the frequency and intensity of natural disasters at the end of the age: 8 counties in southern California are under a state of emergency for heavy rain, hurricane-force wind gusts of 60-90 mph, flooding, downed trees, mudslides, and loss of electricity.
Twelve, concerning an increase in rain in Israel at the end of the age: Israel has had rain in the north and the south 14 days in a row for the first time in more than 30 years, and the rain is expected to keep coming. The water level in the Sea of Galilee is up more than 10 inches, and it expected to keep rising.
Thirteen, concerning an increase in the frequency and intensity of natural disasters at the end of the age: currently, hurricanes are rated from 1-5 (weakest to strongest). On Feb. 6, 2024, it was reported that scientists say hurricanes are growing more intense, and they need to add a Category 6 to the wind scale.
Here is a daily update on some of the events related to the Israel-Hamas war.
Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2024 (Day 117): The sixty-second day of the resumed war.
- Netanyahu said, “There is a lot of noise in the media about the efforts to get more hostages released, so I want to make it clear: We are working on another plan for the release of our hostages, but I stress: Not at any cost. I have red lines, among them: We will not end the war, we will not remove the IDF from the Strip, and we will not release thousands of terrorists.”
- Netanyahu called for an end to the UNRWA because “the UNRWA is totally infiltrated with Hamas.”
Thursday, Feb. 1, 2024 (Day 118): The sixty-third day of the resumed war.
- S. officials have confirmed that plans have been approved for a series of strikes over a number of days against targets — including Iranian personnel and facilities — inside Iraq and Syria.
- The head of the UNRWA said, “If the funding remains suspended, we will most likely be forced to shut down our operations by the end of February – not only in Gaza but also across the region.”
- Israel said Hamas has been routed out of its stronghold at Khan Younis.
- Israel believes Hamas is beginning to run low on ammunition and rockets.
- Israel is considering an attack on Hamas in Rafah, a city on Gaza’s border with Egypt. This could cause refugees and terrorists to flee into Egypt and break Israel’s peace treaty with Egypt.
- Iraq furiously condemned the U.S. attack on Iranian-backed forces in Iraq as a violation of its sovereignty. (FYI: Know that Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Lebanon are mentioned in Psa. 83, and all are mentioned in this article.)
- The movement by Israeli citizens to block humanitarian aid into Gaza is growing because much of the aid winds up in the hands of Hamas who continues to hold hostages.
Friday, Feb. 2, 2024 (Day 119): The sixty-fourth day of the resumed war.
- An Israeli attack near Damascus killed 3 terrorists affiliated with Iran.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, the UNRWA had 30,000 employees in the West Bank, Syria, Jordan, and Gaza, and 10% (3,000 employees) are Hamas accomplices (Israel said 190 UNRWA staff members are hardened Hamas militants).
- Hamas said it will respond very soon to a proposal that includes extended pauses in the fighting in Gaza and phased exchanges of Hamas-held hostages for Palestinians imprisoned in Israel.
- Because of concern in Saudi Arabia about threats from Iran and the Saudis’ desire to get a defense agreement with the U.S., the Saudis have informed the U.S. they are willing to sign a normalization agreement with Israel when the Israel-Hamas war is over, and they will not require Israel to take concrete steps to create a Palestinian State (a non-binding political agreement will be enough). UPDATE: Within hours, Saudi Arabia’s foreign ministry clarified that this was not the case – that there must be two things: “an end to the conflict in Gaza; and a clear, credible, time-bound path to the establishment of a Palestinian state.”
Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024 (Day 120): The sixty-fifth day of the resumed war.
- Israel said it will attack terrorists in Rafah this weekend. UN and EU officials are panicking. Israel said they will try to work with Egypt and help the Palestinians escape to the north instead of south into Egypt.
- S. and UK jets attacked at least 30 Houthi targets in Yemen. Iran denounced the attacks, and the Houthis vowed a response.
Sunday, Feb. 4, 2024 (Day 121): The sixty-sixth day of the resumed war.
- Former Speaker of the Knesset in Israel, Benny Gantz, told Pres. Biden’s Special Envoy, Amos Hochstein, that “unless Lebanon and the international community acted to remove the threat within Lebanon, Israel would broaden its military activities in the north in order to do so.” Gantz warned that time for a diplomatic solution is running short.
- Hezbollah fired 34 rockets and 4 anti-tank missiles at Israeli targets.
- Israel captured the complex that Hamas used to train for the Oct. 7, 2023, attack on Israel.
- Israel expects to capture or kill the remaining troops in Khan Younis in the coming week.
- Based on captured intelligence documents, Israel seized the equivalent (in shekels, dollars, and Arab money) of 3 million shekels ($819,000) in cash from money changers that were funneling cash money to Hamas.
Monday, Feb. 5, 2024 (Day 122): The sixty-seventh day of the resumed war.
- Israel arrested several dozen suspected PA terrorists in Judea and Samaria.
- Netanyahu told a group of troops, “Our goal is total victory over Hamas. We will kill the Hamas leadership. Therefore, we must continue to act in all areas in the Gaza Strip. We must not end the war before then.”
- Israel’s Defense Min. reported that Israel has killed or injured more than half of the Hamas fighters (Israel has dismantled 18 out of 24 battalions). He said Yahya Sinwar is running and hiding to survive and is no longer able to communicate with or lead the Hamas fighters.
- Concerning Israel’s attack on Rafah and her peace treaty with Egypt: an Egyptian official said, “If even one Palestinian refugee crosses over (Israel’s border with Egypt at Rafah), the peace agreement will be nullified.” Note: Egypt is mentioned as an enemy of Israel in Psa. 83.)
Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024 (Day 123): The sixty-eighth day of the resumed war.
- S. Sec. of State is touring the Middle East for a fifth time to push a ceasefire and prevent the total defeat of Hamas.
- Israel said it has found proof of a direct connection between Hamas and Iran in a tunnel that appears to be the headquarters of Yahya Sinwar in Khan Younis (records of millions of dollars that Iran sent to Hamas. (It makes me wonder if some of it went from the U.S. to Iran to Hamas.)
- In Khan Younis, Israeli troops are encountering armed Hamas terrorists dressed in civilian clothing.
- Hamas terrorists are stealing aid trucks and using them for military purposes.
FYI: God does not send anyone to Hell (all of us are born with a sin nature and destined to go to Hell because we sin), but God has provided a way (Jesus) for everyone to go to Heaven (and He is the only way to get there; John 14:6).
Finally, are you Rapture Ready?
If you want to be rapture ready and go to heaven, you must be born again (John 3:3). God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.