Following 54 days of captivity in Gaza, 21-year-old Mia Schem was interviewed twice on TV, and she felt a need to talk about those who seized her and what she went through as a hostage.
Schem was at the Supernova music festival with a male friend when the attack started.
They rushed to her car, got in it, and started driving away.
She saw several terrorists shoot people and stepped on the gas to escape, but they shot her tires, and her car stalled.
A truckload of armed terrorists passed her car, and one of the terrorists shot her (a 21-year-old unarmed woman) in the arm at very close range.
She dropped to the floor of her car with blood streaming down her arm and began to scream that she had lost her hand.
Schem’s male friend was removed from the car; his hands were tied behind his back; his body was found several days later and was returned to Israel.
Schem tried to play dead. Cars were burning all around her car; then a man passed that she thought was an Israeli, so she asked him to help her. The man was a terrorist; he ordered her to get up and started touching her body parts. She started screaming and acting crazy, and he saw her bloody arm and stopped. A different man grabbed a handful of her hair, pulled her to a different car, put her in it, and took her half-conscious to a hospital in Gaza.
Someone got a handful of her hair again, dragged her out of that car, and put her in a back room at the hospital. Someone stretched out her arm and tied it to a stiff piece of plastic. She spent 3 days in the back room and was ordered to put on a hijab (a head covering). She was taken to the hospital surgery room, where she was operated on without anesthesia and told she would not go home alive. (Note: It is obvious that the surgeon knew there was a hostage in the hospital.)
The next day, she was told to film a propaganda video and say she was being taken care of if she didn’t want to die.
From there, she was taken to a family home occupied by a Hamas terrorist, his wife, and an unspecified number of children. She was put in a dark room and told she could not speak, move, cry, or be seen, and she was being watched 24/7.
Schem said the entire family (father, wife, and children) was involved with Hamas, and the wife said her husband wanted to rape her.
Schem said she felt like an animal; the children would sometimes open the door and stare at her; she never got to take a shower; she often had to go without anything to eat for 2 or 3 days; she never got medications; and she had trouble sleeping.
At some point, the terrorists started moving her from home to home in an ambulance, and she became aware of what other families are like.
When the truce started, she was moved to a tunnel where she met some of the other hostages, and she spent 4 or 5 days there without food.
At the TV interviews, and after spending 54 days in Gaza, Schem said:
- It is important for the world to understand what the people in Gaza are like.
- I experienced Hell.
- Everyone there (in Gaza) is a terrorist.
- There are no innocent civilians, not one.
- (Innocent civilians (don’t exist) there (in Gaza).
- From the moment they are born, the children in Gaza are taught to hate Jews.
Concerning some of my thoughts about what Schem said, it is important to understand that:
- In 2006, the Palestinians elected Hamas to rule over them, and 2 of their main goals were killing Jews and destroying the nation of Israel.
- Hamas was trying to do what the Palestinian people elected them to do.
- Hamas has not let the Red Cross visit the hostages to check on their care (a basic human right).
- Hamas raped, tortured, and killed innocent Jewish men, women, and children just because they hated them, and Israel has videos and other evidence to prove it.
- Other hostages have similar stories about how they were treated.
- Palestinians are demonstrating all over the world and calling for the death of Jews and the destruction of Israel.
- The Israeli military would not need to be in Gaza if the Palestinians and their allies were not like they are.
- Palestinian parents know what was in the textbooks they used at school; they know that their children are being taught to hate Jews and more.
Please do not misunderstand me.
I do not think it is possible to view the pictures of devastation, crying and injured children, and not feel compassion for the people of Gaza, but the parents brought it on themselves and their children.
God said He will bless those that bless Israel and curse those that curse Israel, but they have rejected the Bible as the Word of God.
A famous sermon says, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God?”
Israel is clearly fed up with the attempts to destroy Jews in their own land.
But if God is fed up with it, as the old saying goes, “You ain’t seen nothing yet.”
(More: Hamas has contributed to Palestinian deaths by hiding behind Palestinians, firing rockets at Israel from hospitals, schools, population centers, etc. The UN and international community are guilty for allowing Hamas to take over Gaza and to use Palestinians as human shields. And some Arab countries are guilty for sending money and weapons to Hamas.)
(More: A family – father, mother, 4-yr-old boy, and 9-month-old baby – was taken hostage, and the UN, the Red Cross, Amnesty International, the Palestinians, the Arabs, and most of the media are silent about Hamas kidnapping a 9-month-old baby.)
Here are some current events that seem to relate to Bible prophecy:
One, concerning an increase in wars and rumors of wars at the end of the age: on Jan. 4, 2024, it was reported that 12 nations (the U.S., Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, and Britain) sent a letter to the Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen that said:
- “Let our message now be clear: We call for the immediate end of these illegal attacks, and the release of unlawfully detained vessels and crews.”
- “The Houthis will bear the responsibility of the consequences should they continue to threaten lives, the global economy, and free flow of commerce in the region’s critical waterways.”
A Biden administration official said the Houthis should not expect a second warning.
(Update: Just a few hours after the nations sent the letter to the Houthis, the Iran-backed group carried out a failed attack on another ship.)
Two, concerning God’s promise to draw the Jews back to the Promised Land at the end of the age: on Jan. 1, 2024, it was reported that there has been an increase in the desire of Jews to relocate to Israel since the Israel-Hamas war began on Oct. 7, 2023, and one of the main reasons is their “profound sense of connection and solidarity with the Jewish people and their homeland.”
The fact that there is an increase in Jews wanting to relocate to Israel while a war is going on is encouraging to those who are already there.
(More: According to the Bible, Israel will be hated by all nations at the end of the age. World leaders, Islamic groups, and the media are using the events in Gaza to increase the hatred of Israel. Anti-Semitism, harassment, and hate crimes are causing some Jews in foreign countries to consider a move to Israel. Fulfilled prophecy is verifying the truth of the Bible. The fulfillment of other major prophecies is coming on the scene now.)
(More: The list of Israel’s enemies in Psa. 83 includes Jordan and Iraq, and leaders in those two nations are showing a greater animosity toward Israel.)
(More: The population of Israel is expected to top 10 million in 2024, and more than 70% are Jews. Arabs, Christians, and others make up the rest.)
Three, concerning famine and wickedness at the end of the age: on Jan. 4, 2024, it was reported that Hamas is killing hungry Palestinian citizens who are trying to steal humanitarian aid that Israel and others are sending to the Gaza Strip.
But Hamas is not killing Palestinian citizens to keep them from stealing humanitarian aid.
Hamas is killing Palestinian citizens because Hamas wants to steal the humanitarian aid for themselves.
Think about this: While Hamas is killing Palestinian citizens, world leaders are trying to protect Hamas from Israel.
Four, the Bible teaches that Israel will expand its borders at the end of the age and ultimately end up with all the Promised Land.
On Jan. 3, 2024, 3 legal experts from law schools in Israel and the U.S. submitted a document to Israel’s political leaders that says international law does not require Israel to allow the Palestinians to return to their homes in northern Gaza as long as the fighting continues, and Israel’s enemies are holding hostages.
The legal experts added that even if the war ends, preventing the movement of Israel’s enemies is legal warfare.
As I understand what I have been reading, Israel is willing to allow Palestinians to return to most (Israel wants a buffer zone) of northern Gaza under the condition that the Palestinians will not threaten or attack Israel.
Israel is fed up and demanding an end to the attacks.
Five, concerning world government: on Jan. 7, 2024, it was reported that Tucker Carlson interviewed a world-renowned biologist who said:
- There is scientific evidence that shows that Covid vaccinations killed 17 million people worldwide.
- Using vaccinations that damage the immune system of children means they will have a damaged immune system for the rest of their life.
- Pandemics and mass vaccinations are part of the UN’s plan to transform itself into a world government.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is drafting new measures that will destroy national sovereignty and free speech as we know it.
(More: On Jan. 8, 2024, it was reported that the AARP has just advised its 38 million senior adult members to get another vaccination even though there is no safety data on the most recent jab.)
(My opinion: Deceit has become a major problem worldwide. Many world leaders, medical people, the media, and big pharma, are compromised and unreliable.)
Six, concerning the Tribulation Period: on Jan. 5, 2024, the Israel Today Staff posted an article about an unidentified commander (identity withheld for security purposes) in Israel’s Southern Command.
After talking about the fighting that he and his troops went through in a TV interview, the commander was asked for his interpretation of what happened and is happening.
He referenced Jer. 30:7, “Alas! For that day is great, so that none is like it; it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.”
The time of Jacob’s trouble is one of the names of the Tribulation Period.
According to the Bible:
- As an unbeliever, Jacob’s name was Jacob, but when he became a believer, God changed his name to Israel (Gen. 35:10-12).
- Israel will come back into existence as a nation before the Tribulation Period (Isa. 66:7-8).
- Israel will have to go through the Tribulation Period (Dan. 9:24-27).
- All Israel will be saved (Rom. 11:26).
The Israel-Hamas war is not the Tribulation Period (time of unbelieving Israel’s trouble; the Church is still here; there is no world government, etc.), but the Israeli commander is right: this war could be a major step in that direction (and lead to Israel’s salvation at the end of the Tribulation Period).
Seven, concerning a departure from the faith in the Church: on Jan. 8, 2024, it was reported that a Catholic cardinal from Venezuela wrote an explicit pornographic book in 1998 that has recently come to light, and Roman Catholic Archbishop Vigano has called upon the Swiss Guards to arrest and expel him and his accomplices from the Vatican.
Here are some daily updates on the war.
Thursday, Jan. 4, 2024 (Day 90): The thirty-fifth day of the resumed war.
- Israel has placed its forces on her border with Lebanon on high alert.
- Israel warned that they will only allow world leaders a short period of time to get Hezbollah away from Israel’s border with Lebanon.
- Israel said Hezbollah has a network of tunnels in Lebanon that is more sophisticated and dangerous than the Hamas tunnels in the Gaza Strip.
- There is growing concern about oil and gas prices if the war continues.
- Israel blew up a tunnel several hundred meters long with several side tunnels, and several (about 20) terrorists in the main tunnel were all killed. There may have been terrorists in the side tunnels killed, too.
- Israel said Hamas is putting children on the front lines while its troops are hiding in tunnels.
- Hezbollah leader Nasrallah said all land from the river to the sea is Palestinian land and all Jews should be removed.
- Israel released a plan for limited Palestinian self-rule of Gaza, with Israel in charge of security after the war.
- A U.S. airstrike killed an Iranian-backed terrorist leader in Iraq.
Friday, Jan. 5, 2024 (Day 91): The thirty-sixth day of the resumed war.
- Israeli air, sea, and ground forces struck more than 100 Hamas sites.
- Israel’s destruction of tunnels is greatly weakening Hamas below ground, and conquered territory is causing Israel’s forces to grow stronger above ground.
- A U.S. nuclear-powered aircraft carrier accompanied by a strike group of naval vessels arrived at the Red Sea to send a message to the Houthis in Yemen.
- Israel’s Defense Min. said Israel prefers a diplomatic settlement of its differences with Hezbollah along Israel’s border with Lebanon, but the likelihood of resorting to a military option is increasingly imminent.
- The U.S. State Dept. offered $10 million for financial information on 5 wealthy Muslims who are funneling large sums of money to Hamas.
Saturday, Jan. 6, 2024 (Day 92): The thirty-seventh day of the resumed war.
- Hezbollah fired 62 rockets into Israel, supposedly in retaliation for the assassination of a Hamas leader earlier in the week (on Jan. 2, 2024).
- Because of attacks in the Red Sea, Lebanon, Iraq, and Iran, America’s Sec. of State Blinken will visit Turkey today to try to convince Iran to tamp down the attacks to keep the war from spreading.
- The U.S. shot down a drone that was launched over the Red Sea by Houthis in Yemen.
- Israel said it has dismantled Hamas’ command structure in north Gaza and will now focus on destroying the command structure in central and south Gaza.
Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024 (Day 93): The thirty-eighth day of the resumed war.
- S. Sec. of State Blinken is on a lightning tour in the Middle East over concern that the Israel-Hamas war is spreading.
- Muslim attacks on Jews in the West Bank (Israel) are increasing.
- Many medical workers and staff announced their departure from Gaza because of the increasing danger.
Monday, Jan. 8, 2024 (Day 94): The thirty-ninth day of the resumed war.
- S. Sec. of State Blinken is due in Israel as fear grows that the war is spreading.
- Following a visit to Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, Blinken said the countries in the region are willing to normalize relations with Israel provided there is a practical path to a Palestinian state.
- An Israeli airstrike in Lebanon killed a senior Hezbollah commander, and fear of an all-out war is spreading.
- Israel found a weapons production site in a tunnel in Gaza and evidence that Iran was helping Hamas build and launch precision missiles.
- It is rumored that Israel knows where Yahya Sinwar is, but he is hiding behind some of the hostages to keep Israel from attacking his hideout.
- Israel assassinated a rocket expert in Syria that they think was responsible for firing rockets into Israel.
Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2024 (Day 95): The fortieth day of the resumed war.
- Israel said it will not allow more Palestinians to return to northern Gaza unless Hamas agrees to release more hostages.
- An investigation found that many United Nations workers in Gaza used an internal Telegram channel to praise the Oct. 7 slaughter of Jews.
- Israel and Hamas attacked each other all day long.
For those that are interested, here is a link to a 3-to-4-minute musical video of 1,000 Israeli musicians singing “Bring Them (the hostages) Home.”
FYI: God does not send anyone to Hell (all of us are born with a sin nature and destined to go to Hell because we sin), but God has provided a way (Jesus) for everyone to go to Heaven (and He is the only way to get there; John 14:6).
Finally, are you Rapture Ready?
If you want to be rapture ready and go to heaven, you must be born again (John 3:3). God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.