A reader recently sent me an email that said:
- I know that all of us have heard that depression and suicide are becoming rampant with our children and our elderly. I believe the reason is because they have no hope. Many go to church, but they have a propensity for depression and an attitude that there is nothing more to live for. I feel that the church needs to step up and become more aware of the End-Time news that needs to be taught that will help lift these poor people’s emotions to a higher plane of hope and renewed faith that the Bible is not a pile of fantasy tales that haven’t come true.
- That at least one-fourth to one-third of the Bible is prophecy, depending upon who we are listening to.
- That Jesus told us many times to watch for His return.
- That when Jesus gave the Great Commission, He told us to teach all nations to observe all (all, not just some of) the things He said (Matt. 28:19-20).
- That the world situation will worsen at the end of the age (II Tim. 3:1-13).
- That the glorious return of Jesus is our blessed hope (Titus 2:13).
- That under the influence of the Holy Spirit, Paul gave us the word of the Lord (something Jesus said about the Rapture) and told us to comfort one another with what Jesus said (I Thess. 4:13-18).
- That I often receive emails from church members who say their pastor never mentions Bible prophecy; they have asked their pastor to mention it occasionally, and he will not do it, and they cannot find a church near them that has a pastor who occasionally preaches on Bible prophecy.
I ask is it possible:
- That the prophesied worsening world situation (Covid-19 deaths and side effects, inflation, talk of a digital currency, etc.) is causing an increase in depression and suicide, and most church members attend churches that have pastors who will not tell them that there is a higher plane of hope?
- That there is no need for the unchurched to ask many church members what they think about the current world situation because nothing is ever said about it in the pulpit, in the Sunday School literature, in the Sunday School class, and the church members have never studied it on their own?
- That lost church members and others are attending churches and listening to pastors who will never tell them that they could be running out of time to get saved?
- That the answers that some depressed and suicidal people are seeking are in the Bible, but there is no chance that they will ever hear those hope-filled comforting words from a pastor or a church member in their neighborhood?
- That the prophesied worsening world situation is partly due to a lukewarm attitude and spiritual failure in the church that is leading to the coming Judgment of God, church members that will not make it to heaven, the rise of the Antichrist, the coming Mark of the Beast, and the fulfillment of other terrible events?
Here are some current events that appear to indicate that the days of pastors and church members ignoring that higher plane of hope are about over.
One, concerning the failure to talk about that higher plane of hope in view of the prophesied worsening world situation: on Sept. 18, 2023, The Christian Post reported that well-known Christian researcher George Barna has released a new book in which he claims that millions of uncommitted Christians are causing “a catastrophic decline in biblical worldview in America.”
Here is part of what Barna’s research shows:
- Many Christians feel ill-equipped, so they outsource their responsibilities as parents to others (teachers, coaches, experts, etc.) “who may not share their worldview and values.”
- “Our worldview is the decision-making filter that informs every decision we make — intellectual, moral, emotional, and spiritual.”
- “Most of them (parents) were also found incapable of passing on a biblical worldview to their children because most don’t have one.”
- “They (parents) can’t give what they don’t have — and this creates a gaping spiritual vacuum as today’s parents are raising their children.”
I do not question the accuracy of Barna’s research, but I found it troubling because the Bible teaches that there will be a falling away, a departing from the faith, a lukewarm spirit in the Church at the end of the age, and many will not make it to heaven.
Every parent should be sure that they and their children are putting their faith in Jesus.
Here is a link to The Christian Post article:
Two, concerning peace in the Middle East: on Sept. 14, 2023, it was reported that Saudi Arabia, the Arab League, the EU, Egypt, and Jordan would meet on the sidelines of a UN General Assembly meeting on Sept. 18, 2023, to discuss ways to change and restart the Middle East peace process.
The Biden administration and congressional lawmakers from both parties are expressing optimism that a transformational agreement of peace and security is on the way, but it could be a few months for that to become a reality.
(Update: On Sept. 17, 2023, it was reported that Saudi Arabia has informed the Biden administration that it is suspending all discussions about a normalization agreement with Israel.)
(Update: In a speech before the UN General Assembly on Sept. 19, 2023, Pres. Biden said, “The US plans to seek both the normalization of the Jewish state with its Arab neighbors and a two-state resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.” He is practically begging for the Judgment of God to fall on the U.S.)
Three, concerning deceit and corruption in the White House: Pres. Biden has constantly denied involvement and knowledge of Hunter’s business dealings.
- Biden is on video boasting that he got a Ukrainian prosecutor fired who was investigating Hunter’s dealings with a company called Burisma by threatening to deny U.S. money to Ukraine.
- There are bank records that show that Biden family members got at least $20 million from foreign entities.
- There is proof that money flowed through more than 20 shell companies, and Pres. Biden was using aliases.
- There is evidence on Hunter’s Laptop from Hell, and now, after many denials (lies), it has been proven that the laptop is Hunter’s.
- One of Hunter’s business partners has said Hunter would call his dad on speakerphone during business meetings so Hunter’s foreign business partners could hear his dad’s voice and what his dad said.
- Whistleblowers in the IRS have testified that the Bidens have been involved in questionable business dealings, and the IRS leadership has covered it up.
- There is more (testimonies, emails, etc.), and an investigation is ongoing.
Pres. Biden’s claims that there is no evidence of any wrongdoing appear to be false.
Four, concerning accusations of deceit and corruption in the White House, Biden’s denial that there is any evidence to support them, and the decline of America: on Sept. 12, 2023, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy announced that a Republican committee will open a formal impeachment inquiry into Biden’s activities.
An impeachment inquiry will allow Republicans to get information that they have been asking Biden to produce, and he has not, or will not, do it.
Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene said Nancy Pelosi set a precedent when she targeted Pres. Trump; now our House committees will expose the crimes of the Biden family.
Democrats have targeted Pres. Trump and many of his associates; now Republicans are targeting the Bidens, and some Democrats think that is wrong.
Pandora’s box has been opened, and there is no telling when all of this will end, what will be uncovered, or how much damage is being done to the U.S.
Five, concerning natural disasters: on Sept. 15, 2023, it was reported that the death toll from the cyclone that struck Libya five days earlier and collapsed dams has topped 11,300, and more than 10,000 are still missing.
Six, concerning a cashless society and tracking all buying and selling: on Sept. 15, 2023, The European Union Times reported:
- At the recent G20 Summit, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen “praised the EU’s strides toward a bloc-wide digital identity app capable of storing a citizen’s personal information, including credit cards, driver’s license, and passport data.”
The title of the EU Times article is “EU Chief Says Public Who Refuse WEF Digital IDs Will Be Excluded from Society.”
(Note: A digital society and tracking all buying and selling is not the Mark of the Beast—not the same as taking the name, number, or Mark of the Antichrist—but it is that system beginning to come to pass.)
(My opinion: The Pre-Trib Rapture is the right view. This means Christians will be Raptured at least three and one-half years before the digital society and tracking all buying and selling develops into the Mark of the Beast.)
Here is a link to the article: https://www.eutimes.net/2023/09/eu-chief-says-public-who-refuse-wef-digital-ids-will-be-excluded-from-society/
Seven, in a different article concerning a cashless society and tracking all buying and selling (the Mark of the Beast): on Sept. 17, 2023, The European Union Times reported:
- That “Leaders of the G20 signed a treaty last week to roll out the WEF’s ‘digital IDs’ and ‘cashless societies,’ which will be mandatory for all people who wish to participate in society.”
- That “The G20 leaders have agreed to impose these WEF policies on their populations without giving the public a chance to vote.”
- That EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen “advocated for global cooperation to usher in digital IDs.”
- That “The European Union is currently trying to introduce a bloc-wide’ digital identity’ app that would consolidate various personal information, including passports, driver’s licenses, and medical history.”
Citizens need to realize that the U.S. is a member of the G20, so this article is saying the U.S. has already signed a treaty to make the World Economic Forum’s (WEF’s) digital IDs and cashless society mandatory for everyone who wants to buy, sell, travel, etc.
According to the EU Times article recently, “Most Democrats and Republicans reported concern that the government could control what people spend their money on and potentially turn off access to their bank accounts.”
Here is a link to the EU Times article: https://www.eutimes.net/2023/09/g20-sign-treaty-to-roll-out-wef-digital-passports-worldwide/
Eight, concerning pestilence and the possibility that globalists are trying to reduce the population of planet Earth: on Sept. 19, 2023, it was reported that Florida’s Surgeon Gen. is advising against taking the new mRNA Covid-19 vaccine.
He does not think it has been properly tested for safety and effectiveness, and without proper testing, there could be dangerous adverse reactions, including cardiac injuries.
Florida’s Governor Ron DeSantis agrees with his Surgeon General’s advice.
(More: On Sept. 19, 2023, it was reported that well-known cardiologist, epidemiologist, author, and more, Dr. Peter McCullough, told Members of the European Union Parliament (MEPs) the Covid-19 vaccines are not safe, and no one should take them.)
(More: On Sept. 19, 2023, it was reported that Univ. of So. Carolina Professor Dr. Phillip Buckhaults told the So. Carolina Senate that Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine is contaminated with billions of plasmid DNA bits that could cause rare but serious side effects, including the possibility of cancer.)
(My opinion: Some of the people who say it is safe and effective are paid by the pharmaceutical industry or receive campaign contributions from them, so their statements should be considered suspect.)
FYI: God does not send anyone to Hell (all of us are born with a sin nature and destined to go to Hell because we sin), but God has provided a way (Jesus) for everyone to go to Heaven (and He is the only way to get there; John 14:6).
Finally, are you Rapture Ready?
If you want to be rapture ready and go to heaven, you must be born again (John 3:3). God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.