Eleven years ago, I wrote an article titled The Stage Is Nearly Set, in which I listed several important occurrences and their dates. Following is that listing.
- 1920 American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) founded
- 1945 The United Nations (U.N.) replaced The League of Nations.
- 1945 The atomic age began with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- 1946 The Atomic Energy Commission was created.
- 1946 Xerographic photocopying process was invented.
- 1947 Truman Doctrine (aid to countries whose governments are threatened with overthrow)
- 1947 India and Pakistan proclaimed independent nations
- 1947 First airplane to break the speed of sound
- 1947 The transistor invented at Bell Laboratories
- 1947 Americans United for Separation of Church and State (AU) founded
- 1947 Holography invented
- 1947 Doomsday Clock invented by scientists
- 1948 The Marshall Plan (giving aid to 16 European countries)
- 1948 Foundation of the State of Israel
- 1948 Communists take over Czechoslovakia
- 1948 Organization of American States founded (human rights)
- 1948 First flight of first commercial jet airliner
- 1948 World Council of Churches formed
- 1948 U.N. adopts Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- 1948 World Health Organization (WHO) founded
- 1949 Communists forces gain power in China (nationalists flee to Taiwan)
- 1949 North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) established
- 1949 Soviet Union detonates its first atomic bomb
- 1949 Israel admitted to the U.N.
- 1949 Lucky Lady (U.S. Air Force) completes first non-stop around-the-world flight
- 1949 Electron microscopy developed
- 1949 Council of Europe formed
- 1950 National Council of Churches formed
- 1958 European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and European Economic Community (EEC) formed by six European countries (the beginnings of the European Union, as known today)
I also find it interesting that Madalyn Murray O’Hair was born in 1919, and one year later, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) was founded. The American Atheist, founded in 1963 by Madalyn Murray O’Hair, and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), founded in 1920, have been Satan’s left hand and right hand in his attack upon Christianity.
Isn’t it interesting that most of the dates listed above are in the same general time period, either before or after another very important date? Israel became a nation on May 14, 1948.
If that isn’t enough, here are some more occurrences and their dates that are in the general time period, either before or after another very important date. On June 7, 1967, during the Six Day War, Israel reunified Jerusalem.
- 1963 American Atheist founded by Madalyn Murray O’Hair (pushed separation of church and state)
- 1963 Murray vs. Curlett resulting in Supreme Court decision (8-1) that year, which made it unconstitutional for school-sponsored Bible reading in public schools
- 1967 Israel defeats Arabs in Six-Day War
- 1967 First Super Bowl
- 1967 First heart transplant (by Dr. Christian Bernard)
- 1967 First celebration of Earth Day
- 1967 First broadcast of Sesame Street
- 1967 Israel reunified Jerusalem
In 1980, the Israeli Parliament declared Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. On May 14, 2018, the United States of America moved its embassy to Jerusalem under President Donald Trump.
When I was born, there was no nation of Israel, but God said He would bring them back, and bring them back He did.
“Before she was in labor, she gave birth; Before her pain came, She delivered a male child. Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion was in labor, She gave birth to her children” (Isaiah 66:7-8).
“Then say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; they shall no longer be two nations, nor shall they ever be divided into two kingdoms again” (Ezekiel 37:21-22).
By the time I was one year old, God brought the children of Israel back from where they had been scattered and established them back as a nation in ONE DAY! That is unheard of! No other group of people, EVER, has been dismantled, scattered throughout the other nations, and then brought back as the SAME nation! … let alone in ONE DAY! He is still bringing His children home.
God has made it clear in the book of Daniel, Ezekiel, and others that He would bring Israel back as a nation, and they would have seven remaining years that He would judge them, and He would also judge the world. We know this period as the Tribulation, and the last 3 ½ years of the Tribulation as the Great Tribulation. That time period is getting closer and closer.
In the late fifties, the Internet was birthed, and on August 6, 1991, the World Wide Web became publicly available. Today, nearly everything functions via the Internet. We can’t live without it. Don’t think so? Ask any teenager.
Most all of the items I have shown in the two listings, and many more I haven’t listed, have been stepping stones that have brought us to the last days spoken of in God’s Word, the Bible. We don’t know the day or hour of Jesus’ return, but you can rest assured that we are in the season of His return.
Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 is the one major sign that the clock is ticking. The second major sign, in my opinion, is the convergence of all the prophetic signs in our day. When I was born, none of the signs of the coming Tribulation existed, but today they are overwhelmingly visible.
David Reagan has written an excellent article on an overview of the signs of the times at http://christinprophecy.org/articles/an-overview-of-the-signs-of-the-times/. It would be well worth your time to read his article.
Folks, time is running out. One day soon, maybe much closer than we think, Jesus is going to remove His bride (the true Church) from this earth, and then the seven-year Tribulation will begin.
Noah warned the people of his day that God was going to judge the world by water. All those not in the Ark would drown. For 120 years, Noah warned the people, but they laughed it off, just as people today are laughing at God’s message that another worldwide judgment is coming called the Tribulation. When considering the worldwide flood of Noah’s day and God’s coming judgment in the seven-year Tribulation, the Tribulation will be even worse. Reading the book of Revelation makes that clear. Jesus says of those Tribulation days:
“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened” (Matthew 24:21-22).
Don’t be like those of Noah’s day and die without Jesus.
Pre-Rapture Commentary: http://grant-phillips.blogspot.com
Rapture Ready: https://www.raptureready.com/featured/phillips/phillips.html