On October 29, 1941, a year after one of the darkest hours of World War II for Great Britain, Prime Minister Winston Churchill addressed his alma mater Harrow School. Here emerged one of the most famous quotes (which oft has been misquoted):
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
This quote will hopefully embolden you, encourage you, strengthen you as it did to Brits and their allies as they fought one of the gravest evils to darken the steps of mankind.
Evil never changes; it just finds more ways.
We are repeatedly instructed by God’s word to overcome evil with good. There is so much evil in our society and around the world. Much of what we read, see and hear glorifies evil and calls the good evil:
- Shutting down businesses because of COVID but letting in tens of thousands of illegal immigrants with no COVID restrictions
- Spending trillions of your hard-earned tax dollars on pet programs and socialist expansion
- Mortgaging your children’s futures
- Legalizing illegal election activities; stacking the voting process against leftist opposition
- Putting China first because of self-enrichment
- Labeling Christians and conservatives as bigots, racists, and domestic terrorists
- Abusing our children with gender identification brainwashing
- Shutting down our oil and gas so prices on everything rise
- And the list goes on and on. They won’t quit.
There is a moral war being conducted against that which is good. It has its roots in Satan. But Satan has no power unless people give him legal entry–which much of society has.
We need to guard our hearts. We need to protect our families. We need to stand in the gap as examples and not yield to this 21st Century brand of morality. When these examples of evil come before us, we should point them out. Use them to educate others about discernment and right thinking. We need to be proactive with ourselves to ensure that Satan’s battlefield, our minds, are focused on the good thoughts of God. We need to be leaders for what is right and good in our families and with our friends. Never give in.
We must be willing to stand. We must not give in.
Psalm 94:16-17 says, “Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity? Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.”
Let us be silent no more. Let us be stronger than those who usurp the will of the people and are drunk on their own power.
As Ephesians 6:12-13 says, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
Pray. Act. Stand. Speak boldly. Don’t look at others and say they will take care of it. Look at yourself and take action.
Never give in.
Posted in The Daily Jot