Here are 10 reasons why people would be wise to study Bible prophecy.
- One, there is a judgment, people are accountable to God, and people need to accept Jesus (Heb. 9:27).
- Two, Bible prophecy causes people to give up their sins and be serious about their relationship with Jesus (I Jn. 3:23).
- Three, those that love the appearance of Jesus (the Rapture) will receive a crown of righteousness (II Tim. 4:8).
- Four, the unsaved that are alive at the Second Coming will be cast into Hell (Matt. 13:40-42; 47-50).
- Five, Jesus’ disciples were interested in the Second Coming (Matt. 24:3).
- Six, Bible prophecy teaches people to patiently wait for the return of Jesus (Matt. 24:5-6).
- Seven, Jesus said the end will come, so it will happen (Matt. 24:14).
- Eight, Jesus mentioned the end of the age in the Great Commission, and He wants people to observe everything He taught (Matt. 28:19-20; see Matt. 24:42-44).
- Nine, God is pleased with those that understand the times and help others understand what is happening from a Biblical perspective (I Chron. 12:32).
- Ten, the Second Coming is mentioned in 23 of the 27 New Testament books, in one out of every 30 verses in the New Testament, and there are 20 verses in the New Testament about the Second Coming for each verse about water baptism.
When asked about the signs of His coming, Jesus said, “And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold” (Matt. 24:12).
Iniquity and a declining love for God are not new, but they appear to be spreading globally, and they are rapidly spreading in the U.S.
Notice the following examples.
One, concerning persecution, the Biden administration is supporting a misnamed piece of legislation called the “Equality Act.”
Franklin Graham said, “The Equality Act is a threat to life as we know it in our nation.”
Tony Perkins, Pres. of the Family Research Council, said it will be “a catastrophic loss of religious freedom in America.”
It is about forcing everyone in the U.S. to adopt the government’s position on gay rights; transgender surgeries; forcing churches, Christian organizations, schools, hospitals, and others to hire gays, not criticize gays, accept gay marriage, pay for transformation surgeries, allow males to call themselves female to compete in female sports, use female locker rooms, female bathrooms, etc.
Simply put, it is about controlling the citizens of the U.S. It will destroy freedom of speech in America and authorize stiff punishment of those that don’t comply.
On Feb. 25, 2021, the Democrat-controlled House (and 3 Republicans) passed the bill, and it will now go to the U.S. Senate where it will need 60 votes.
Two, the Antichrist will head up a godless world government, and I have often mentioned that the current Democrat Party left all mention of God out of their party platform.
On Feb. 26, 2021, the Equality Act was being debated in the U.S. House of Representatives, and several Republicans accused the Democrats of ignoring Biblical values by supporting abortion, same-sex marriage, gender identity, etc.
Greg Steube, a Republican from Florida, said, “When men or women claim to be able to choose their own sexual identity, they are making a statement that God did not know what he was doing when he created them.”
Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, said, “What any religious tradition describes as God’s will is no concern of this Congress.”
America is now a godless nation, run by a godless party in a godless world, and that is a strong sign that the judgment of God will follow.
Trump has been censored, but God cannot be censored without consequences.
Three, concerning a departing from the faith in America, a recent Barna survey of voters in the 2020 presidential election found:
- That just 15% of Biden voters and 34% of Trump voters believe that the only people that will go to heaven when they die are those that have confessed their sins and accepted Jesus as their Saviour.
- That just 25% of Biden voters and 43% of Trump voters believe that “absolute moral truths exist and are defined in the Bible.”
- That just 31% of Biden voters and 42% of Trump voters are active in church.
- That 60% of Biden voters and 41% of Trump voters believe the Bible is ambiguous on abortion.
- That 65% of Biden voters (no figure was given on Trump voters) described themselves as Christians, and 63% rejected the teaching that “God is the all-powerful, all-knowing, perfect and just creator of the universe who rules that universe today.”
Add to this the fact that America’s President refers to himself as “a good Catholic” despite the fact that he supports same-sex marriage, abortion, the proposed Equality Act (persecution of Christians), globalism (the coming satanic world government), the Global Ethic (the coming godless world religion), etc.
It is getting easier to believe that God will remove (Rapture) His Church and let this godless world have what it is asking for (and it won’t be pretty).
Four, on Feb. 28, 2021, Pres. Trump spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference CPAC).
One reporter, Dave Kubal (President and CEO of Intercessors for America), said he heard a couple of themes: 1) Trump sees his followers as part of a movement that wants something done about the corruption in government, and 2) They want their government to support godly values.
In other words, Trump believes he represents people that want the Constitution to be followed, laws to be enforced, and the Judeo-Christian values that America was founded upon to be maintained.
Referring to the Republican Party/the American people, Trump said, we’re “in the middle of a historic struggle for America’s future, America’s culture, and America’s institutions, borders, and most cherished principles.”
He said, “In one short month (under Biden), we have gone from “America First” to “America Last.”
These are striking statements considering that the Bible teaches godless government will prevail over the whole earth before the Second Coming of Jesus.
Five, some prophecy teachers have referred to the rebuilding of the ancient city of Babylon as the last great sign to be fulfilled in Bible prophecy.
Saddam Hussein started rebuilding the ancient city of Babylon in the 1980s, but since he was in a costly war with Iran, he had to stop.
Several improvements have been made at the city since Saddam’s time, and the UN has designated it as a World Heritage Site, but that is not enough.
On Feb. 23, 2021, it was reported that the Iraqi government is determined to rebuild their nation and its ancient city (one of the 7 wonders of the world).
They already have small groups of tourists to the area, a few hotels have been built, and there are boat rides on the Euphrates River, but they want to do more.
Starting on Mar. 5, 2021, Pope Francis will spend 4 days touring sites in Iraq (the land of Babylon) that Iraqi officials want to use to draw tourists (perhaps pilgrimages) and international funding for construction projects in Babylon.
Six, on Mar. 1, 2021, it was reported that a cornerstone-laying ceremony will be held (on Mar. 27, 2021) to initiate 4 years of construction on a $57 million religious center in Germany.
The religious center called “The House of One” (some call it a Churmosquagogue) will house a Church, Mosque and Synagogue under one roof so Christians, Muslims, Jews, and others can worship in the same building (and perhaps together).
Seven, concerning the Battle of Gog and Magog and Iran’s quest for nuclear weapons:
- Biden has decided to ignore the fact that Iran is listed as a terrorist nation.
- Biden has decided to reverse some of the sanctions placed on Iran by Trump.
- Biden has expressed a willingness to revive the Iranian nuclear deal, despite the fact that Iran did not keep the agreement when it existed and has threatened to increase the enrichment of its uranium up to 60%.
- Netanyahu said a Biden deal with Iran will not change the fact that Israel will not let Iran get a nuclear weapon.
We don’t know when, but prophecy teachers believe the stage is being set for this great battle.
Finally, if you want to go to heaven, you must be born again (John 3:3). God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.
Prophecy Plus Ministries, Inc.