The prophet Amos said, “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7).
God reveals what He intends to do before He does it.
Some, like myself, believe the Tribulation Period is being set in motion, and few realize how serious this is prophetically.
Those that are not Raptured before the Tribulation will probably die during the Tribulation Period.
Notice these things:
- The Tribulation Period will begin with a covenant with many (Dan. 9:27). Following 72 years of hostility toward Israel, several Arab nations are discussing the normalization of relations with Israel (much depends on a trip to the Middle East by Jared Kushner and others, but it got off to a good start on August 29, 2020, when the UAE ended its economic boycott with Israel and opened the door for tourism, trade and financial agreements with the Jewish state).
- The Antichrist will rule over all nations during the Tribulation Period (Rev. 13:7), and a never-ending effort is underway to dump Trump and establish a socialist/communist world government that sounds a lot like the government of Antichrist (The UN goal is to have that government up and running by 2030).
- The Antichrist will blaspheme God (Rev. 13:5-6). There was no mention of God at the recent Democrat convention that nominated Biden and Harris, which led several pundits to say, “The Democrats have a God problem” (some actually want to replace Christianity with the Global Ethic; World Religion).
- The Antichrist will be assisted by a religious leader called the False Prophet (Rev. 13:11-18; 16:13), and a high-ranking Catholic leader recently expressed concern that Pope Francis could be the False Prophet (Francis is calling for a world government and a world religion, protecting gay priests, compromising on abortion and other traditional Roman Catholic beliefs, etc. If Pope Francis is the False Prophet, events have to move fast because of his age).
- During the Tribulation Period, people won’t be allowed to buy or sell unless they take the Mark, the name of the Antichrist or the number of his name (Rev. 13:17). A long list of influential people are calling for everyone on earth to be vaccinated and marked in the coming months.
- For years, some Bible prophecy teachers have taught that tracking all buying and selling requires a cashless society. The World Economic Forum (WEF) has announced that it will hold its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, in January 2021 and its theme will be “The Great Reset,” which includes a plan to replace cash with a digital currency (and to redistribute your wealth; the cashless society is already shaping up all over the world at stores that do not have cashiers. Note: As I was preparing to send this article to the editor, I was told that the WEF has delayed its meeting until this summer, but I have not confirmed it).
- Famine is a sign of the Second Coming (Matt. 24:7). It is being reported that the demand for food at food banks is up sharply (On Aug. 24, 2020, Pres. Trump increased the spending on certain food distribution programs by one billion dollars).
- The Second Coming will be like the days of Noah (Matt. 24:37) when the wickedness of man was great (Gen. 6:5). People are rioting, looting, burning and injuring people, etc., in Democrat-run cities, and the Democrats in charge appear to be protecting them.
- The Tribulation Period will be marked by hyper-inflation and an economic collapse (Rev. 6:5-6), and because of lockdowns due to the Coronavirus, the U.S. has borrowed trillions of dollars to stimulate the economy. The whole world is going broke, and some are saying if people don’t go back to work the global economy will collapse, and more.
- Pestilence is a sign of the Second Coming (Matt. 24:7). It will be a worldwide pandemic (Rev. 6:7-8) that will cause multitudes to die, and the Coronavirus has been declared to be a worldwide pandemic that it is killing multitudes and will probably get worse.
Jesus was asked about the signs of His coming (Second Coming, not the Rapture) and He said, “Now learn a parable of the fig tree (Israel; Hos. 9:10); When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, this generation (perhaps 70-80 years; Psa. 90:10) shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled” (Matt. 24:32-34).
More could be said, but anyone that knows very much about the Bible should be able to see the existence of Israel, the fact that Israel has been a nation 72 years, and the prophetic significance of the current global situation.
My granddad would probably have said, “Anyone with one eye and half sense can understand that the last days are shaping up just like the Bible says.”
Jesus told Daniel the wise will understand the Tribulation-Period events at the time of the end (Dan. 12:8-10).
Some global elites are planning to control people’s lives, incomes, religion, healthcare, education of their children, force people to live in smaller houses, force people to drive smaller cars, and control the kind and amount of heating and cooling people have, etc.
Some of this is part of the Green New Deal that Bernie Sanders and the Democrats are pushing in this current election.
I want to lovingly remind pastors and teachers that accepting God’s call to be a pastor or a teacher includes an awesome responsibility.
Pastors and teachers will be rewarded for faithfully preaching and teaching the whole Word of God, including the Second Coming (II Tim. 4:8; I Pet. 5:2-4), but pastors and teachers will receive a greater judgment if they ignore their responsibility (James 3:1).
We should not take these words of Jesus lightly, “O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky, but can ye not discern the signs of the times” (Matt. 16:3).
More recent current events are as follows:
One, natural disasters will increase in frequency and intensity (like birth pains) before the Second Coming. After Hurricane Laura tore through Louisiana and Texas with winds up to 150 mph, one survivor said, “It looks like 1,000 tornadoes” came through.
Two, on August 24, 2020, the president of the Barna research group said one in five churches could permanently close within the next 18 months because of the Coronavirus crisis. Church attendance and giving are down, and many pastors will lose their pulpits. My sympathy goes out to these churches and pastors.
But God’s Word cannot be silenced. The good news is that some of those pulpits were silent on prophetic matters, and large numbers of their members are tuning in on TV and the Internet to hear what some of the prophetic preachers of our day are saying. If a pastor does not want to preach the whole Word, God can close the pastor’s church and feed the members through another venue.
Three, on August 26, 2020, Amir Tsarfati reported a buildup of Russian naval vessels in the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Syria. What this is all about remains to be seen.
Four, following the announcement that the UAE is ending its economic boycott of Israel, Rabbi Yehudah Glick, of Temple Mount fame, spoke out. It has been reported that he said, “A wave of peace agreements could be a harbinger of a period of peace more conducive to the construction of the Third Temple than the first several decades of modern Israel, which were characterized by wars.”
According to the Book of Daniel, there will be a peace treaty and the Temple will be rebuilt. However, the Antichrist will break that peace treaty at the middle of the Tribulation Period (Dan. 9:27). He will confirm that treaty, and people will declare peace and safety, but the Antichrist will go forth conquering and to conquer (Thess. 5:3; Rev. 6:1-2).
Rabbi Yehudah Glick made another interesting comment, “One of the most significant achievements in this agreement is that this will bring the Arab Muslim citizens of the UAE to the Temple Mount to pray.” They will not be allowed inside the Dome of the Rock to pray, but they can visit the Temple Mount and pray outside. Glick sees this as an opportunity for Jews, Muslims and Christians to pray together and, eventually, for the Temple Mount to become a place of prayer for all people (see Isa. 56:7). This will happen during the Millennium.
For those that are interested, I am not predicting the day or the hour of the Rapture, but a friend recently sent the following Ken Potter information to me:
Rosh HaShanah 2020 Key Times:
START: Sunset in Jerusalem, 9/18/2020 6:40 PM IDT = 9/18/2020 11:40 AM U.S. Eastern
FINISH: Sunset in Jerusalem, 9/20/2020 6:38 PM IDT = 9/20/2020 11:38 AM U.S. Eastern
SOLAR MIDNIGHT AFTER in Jerusalem, 9/21/2020 12:32 AM = 9/20/2020 5:32 PM U.S. Eastern
The following is a link to a video with loads of information about the Feast of Trumpets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Rqe6iCzNif8
Finally, no one knows the day or the hour of our Lord’s return, but a growing number of the best Bible prophecy teachers believe one’s salvation is an urgent matter.
God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God, who died for the sins of the world and was buried and raised from the dead. Ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, and come into your heart and be your Saviour. Then tell someone that you have done this.
Prophecy Plus Ministries, Inc.