When I read reports of the increasing wickedness and violence in the U.S. that seemingly grows worse by the day, grief and disbelief swell up inside me. Is this really happening?
It’s biblical prophecy alone that puts current events into a proper perspective for me and thereby calms my soul. The Bible not only tells me that I would see such perilous times in the last days, but it also assures me of the Lord’s response.
I first noticed the relevance of the book of Habakkuk to current events about thirty years ago. Today, I’m surprised that the U.S. has not yet experienced something similar to the judgment that God sent to Judah a few decades after Habakkuk wrote his book. How much time do we have until He does?
In Habakkuk 1:2-4, the prophet provides a listing of the evil and violence that he saw in ancient Judah, which sounds remarkably similar to what I see in America today.
In verse 2, Habakkuk complains about God’s lack of response to the violence that he witnessed in his day.
“O Lord, how long shall I cry, And You will not hear? Even cry out to You, “Violence!” And You will not save.”
Consider the killers active in our day:
- In the U.S., abortion providers murder 1.1 million preborn children each year, a total of over 61 million since the Roe v. Wade ruling in 1973.
- According to the CDC reporting database of vaccine adverse effects, 13,293 people just in the U.S. have died as a result of COVID-19 injections, and 14,232 have become permanently disabled. According to studies done on the CDC reporting data, only about 1% of vaccine adverse effects find their way into the CDC database. We can safely assume that the total number of deaths in the U.S. due to these “vaccines” is much, much higher.
- A further result of the COVID-19 injections is something health experts refer to as “sudden adult death.” Almost every day, I read or hear about young, healthy adults suddenly dropping dead or having life-changing strokes despite having no warning signs of ill health. I absolutely believe that the “vaccines” cause the majority of these deaths. (Leo Hohmann just posted an example of this on his Telegram feed.)
- The purpose of the Green New Deal is NOT to “Save the Planet.” The stated goal of the globalists is to drastically reduce earth’s population, and what better way to start than by reducing the fuel available to plant and harvest crops. The farmers in Ukraine say that even if they had the needed fertilizer, they do not have the needed fuel to plant crops this year.
I am sure that many of you can add to the above list.
In verse 3 of Habakkuk 1, the prophet protests about the “iniquity” that he sees.
“Why do you make me see iniquity, and why do you idly look at wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise.”
The Hebrew word for “iniquity” in this verse includes the sorrow that results from wicked behavior. This fits with the parallel word “wrong.” The word here also denotes the grief and pain caused by evil and perverse behavior. The high rate of suicides among transgender children today exemplifies this sense; the word reflects both the evil done to others and its tragic result.
The aim of the LGBTQ agenda is to greatly harm children and eliminate the family structure that God designed to nurture them. The destroyers of our culture celebrate “pride month,” but those who cherish the words of Scripture recognize the gross evil that lies behind their vain boasting and shameful, vulgar parades.
Here are some further examples of modern-day destroyers:
- Michigan Attorney General Dana Nesse recently made headlines by calling for a drag queen to be present in every school. Even if she said this in jest, which she now claims, it still characterizes the evil that’s become an everyday part of children in our schools.
- David Fiorarzo wrote the following in an article for Harbingers Daily: “In North Carolina, a preschool teacher used LGBT flashcards depicting a ‘pregnant man’ to teach kids the colors in the progressive pride flag.” Such debauchery goes far beyond what I once thought possible.
- Scores of food processing plants have burned down in the U.S. just this year. Modern-day destroyers seek to wreak havoc with our food supply and cause widespread suffering and chaos.
- During the past several years, we have seen the same evil, violence, and strife that Habakkuk complained about so long ago spiral out of control in the U.S., and it keeps getting worse.
I use the word “Gaslighters” here because it gets to the heart of the globalists’ activity more than simply saying that those who control our government are deceiving us. Brandon Holthaus, pastor and prominent prophecy speaker, describes gaslighting as “an evil way to manipulate and psychologically control people.” (Brandon Holthaus recently recorded an excellent prophecy update called “WEF Is Gaslighting Us.”)
Gaslighters cause people to question what they know to be true about reality; they seek to make us doubt what we both see and hear. They will tell you that what you watch take place did not really happen.
Listen to them long enough, and you will doubt your sanity and begin going along with their perverted portrayal of reality.
Make no mistake; they deceive people in order to pervert justice and justify their murderous and destructive behavior.
In Habakkuk 1:4, the prophet complains about such lawless deceivers in his day:
“So the law is paralyzed, and justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goes forth perverted.”
The words of the above verse fit with the behavior of modern-day gaslighters; this is the method they use to accomplish the things the prophet lists in the above verse.
Is it not the same deception, with an evil intent, that the prophet Isaiah described?
“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (5:20).
Modern-day gaslighters attempt to convince us that “evil” is “good.” The examples of this abound everywhere we look:
- During the entire month of June, both the news and social media have bombarded us with the lie that the LBGTQ agenda is morally acceptable when we know that God says it’s evil.
- I watched a video of Ashi Babbitt’s killer; I saw him take aim and kill Ashi while she was peacefully and quietly taking in the wonders of being inside the Capital Building on January 6, 2021. The authorities, however, tell us that her killer was justified in murdering her. Total nonsense.
- Biden’s DOJ arrested Simone Gold, one of several frontline doctors that warn people about the dangers of the COVID-19 injections, and sentenced her to sixty days in jail for just walking into the Capital building through open doors on January 6, 2021. Is this travesty of justice not precisely the injustice that Habakkuk complained was happening in his day?
- On June 20, 2022, Dr. Ashish Jha, the White House’s COVID-19 Response coordinator, said that “there have not been any serious side effects of these vaccines,” referring to the COVID-19 injections. Not only is this a blatant lie, but it’s also a clear case of gaslighting. The CDC’s database contains records of 838,800 adverse reactions to these shots in the U.S., with a total of 28,859 overall deaths, including reports from outside America. And these numbers represent only a small fraction of the actual harm and deaths caused by these shots.
I could cite dozens of additional examples of how the globalists tell us that what we see and hear is not reality. They have succeeded in making a great many people believe their lies.
Gaslighting and bullying also happen on a personal, everyday level. I have discovered that Proverbs 11:9 brings much welcome encouragement during such times:
“With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor, but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.”
A solid grasp on the truths of Scripture is absolutely essential in the day in which we live. We live in an age of deception where bullying and gaslighting abound, which necessitates a daily reliance on God’s Word.
The Lord’s Response to Habakkuk
In Habakkuk 1:5, the Lord told the prophet to look to the nations in order to see His response to the evil and violence prevalent in ancient Judah. Judgment would come in the form of the Chaldeans, a reference to the Babylonians that under Nebuchadnezzar would later destroy Jerusalem and take many people captive.
What might be the Lord’s response to the killers, destroyers, and gaslighters in America? Where would the Lord have us look during these perilous times?
I believe Jesus answers this question for us in Luke 21:28, “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
The Lord gave us so many signs in Scripture so we would know the season of His return for His church, and this is it! That’s why we anticipate His soon appearing; that’s why we look up in eager expectation of meeting Jesus in the clouds.
Maranatha! Come soon, Lord Jesus.
My book, The Triumph of the Redeemed-An eternal Perspective that Calms Our Fears in Perilous Times, is available on Amazon. I wrote it for just such a time as this so as to infuse calming hope into hearts regardless of the circumstances. The murderers, destroyers, gaslighters will increase in power leading up to the kingdom of the antichrist. However, we will reign with Jesus someday in His glorious kingdom!!
Note: Please consider signing up for my newsletter on the home page of my website at https://www.jonathanbrentner.com/. It will greatly help me in reaching more people. Thanks!
Website: Our Journey Home