To the Christian church and all unsaved people everywhere.
Let me begin by making a couple of things clear.
1) As followers of Christ, we must all understand that God’s nature, His Word, and His laws, principles, precepts and ordinances, stand forever; Unchanged and everlasting. His word applies to all peoples and through all generations. The Lord had His Word written from Genesis to Revelation, knowing that we would still be reading it even up to the present time. With the exception of the promises made specifically to the Jews regarding the preservation of the nation of Israel and their dwelling in their land (Jeremiah 31:35-37), the scriptures are universal to all peoples. There are no exceptions.
2) I love my country still. I and most members of my family have served America in our armed forces in one branch or another, BUT, beloved Jesus and His reality as my God and Savior, my gift of the love of prophecy, and my responsibility to be a watchman on the wall (Ezekiel 33:6) necessitate writing about some seriously uncomfortable realities.
To borrow a line from one of the Jurassic Park movies spoken by Jeff Goldblum, “There is only one version of the truth.” Truer secular words were never spoken.
I hear and read so often people saying, “God Bless America.” I think this is where situational awareness must be applied to the present-day conditions on the ground in this country: that is – reality.
Perhaps God cannot or will not continue to bless America. Perhaps He has already withdrawn His hedge of safety and protection from this country. This is a possibility that we must consider.
Perhaps not. He is the Sovereign Lord (Isaiah 46:10).
The moral morass that has been allowed to grow in this country is piling up to heaven every single day. There are several places in scripture that itemize these things (Romans 1:18-32; 2 Timothy 3:1-5; 2 Peter 3:3-7). They are some condensed descriptions that you can easily look up if you have a Bible. If you do not, I plead with you to acquire one and read these passages and look around you.
Now to the crux of this article.
According to God’s own Word, He has made it clear that there is actually a point at which it is too late for prayer. The sins of a nation can reach the point of no return.
“Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee. Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces? Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched” (Jeremiah 7:16-20).
“Then the cities of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem will go and cry to the gods to whom they burn incense, but they surely will not save them in the time of their disaster. “For your gods are as many as your cities, O Judah; and as many as the streets of Jerusalem are the altars you have set up to the shameful thing, altars to burn incense to Baal. “Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not listen when they call to Me because of their disaster” (Jeremiah 11:12-14).
“Thus says the Lord to this people, ‘Even so they have loved to wander; they have not kept their feet in check. Therefore the Lord does not accept them; now He will remember their iniquity and call their sins to account.’ So the Lord said to me, ‘Do not pray for the welfare of this people. When they fast, I am not going to listen to their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I am not going to accept them. Rather I am going to make an end of them by the sword, famine and pestilence'” (Jeremiah 14:10-12).
- The Lord mentions Jerusalem and Judah, but please do not make the mistake of thinking that God’s nature would limit Him from the application of this truth to all nations and countries.
- The Lord mentions burning incense to Baal, but please understand; ANY idol applies here. Even to Americans putting their trust in themselves, our military or our government.
In the same vein, the verse below applies to all nations and all peoples.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
Christians: As the Church, we ARE also a people called by His Name.
The question has now become, has America reached that point yet?
I do not know, but it seems that the warning claxons are sounding loudly and clearly.
The final tipping point COULD be our country turning its back on Israel.
Why is Israel so critical? Firstly, because God says so. Secondly, because we all have a stake in God’s promise (in bold below):
“And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Genesis 12:3). Through the line of Abraham came the only Savior: Jesus Christ.
Unlike man, when the Lord says ALL, he means All.
Important!! To the Christian Church:
- I am NOT saying that we should stop praying for this nation. Our charge is to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- I AM saying that our prayers should focus on national repentance and not that we might return to NORMAL. To better understand this, please see my previous article titled: “Do We Really Want Normal Back?” Is national repentance even possible? The Lord knows.
- I AM saying that we must first examine our own attitude and position before the Lord. We cannot expect Him to hear us if we are retaining any sins. We must first focus on our own individual repentance. Are we holding out on God? Are we holding back our worldly desires? Is there any other impediment or obstruction between us and the Lord Jesus? If so, we MUST first deal with it.
Important!! To those who have not repented. If you are seeking answers, you CAN get them. You must come before the Lord of creation in humility and under His terms. The Lord has made His plan for redemption and eternal life clear.
And, what are His terms according to His Word?
- Genuine repentance (turning to God instead of continuing to reject or ignore Him).
- Confession of sins (that you are a sinner and acknowledge that to God).
- Belief that Jesus Christ paid your death sentence for you on the cross.
- To acknowledge to God that you are unable to pay that debt.
- To believe that Jesus is the Way, the only Way, that God has established by which humans may be saved from the consequences of their sin and rebellion.
1) God has made it absolutely clear that there is no one who comes before Him under His terms that will be refused.
2) No one: no race, no color, no country of origin, regardless of any previous belief system: no one.
3) No matter what your past sins have been, God can and WILL forgive you because He says He will.
4) Salvation is available to everyone without any exceptions.
If you put all your trust for salvation in Jesus, and Him only, you can follow that prayer up by simply saying, “Thank you, Father God, for hearing my prayer and saving me,” because we can trust Him to keep His Word.
He always has. He always will.
John 5:24: “Truly, Truly, I say to you that he who hears my words and believes the One who sent Me has eternal life and will not be condemned. He has crossed from death to life.”
Pro Salvator Vigilans
To contact me: email@example.com