I hear many of my brothers and sisters, and other people as well, increasingly lamenting the times and wishing we could return to “normal.” I think it is safe to assume most are referring to the time before Covid-19. However we may, as individuals, define this life-altering period, it has indeed changed our lives, and – it has changed how we must view the future, in an unprecedented way.
Let’s examine that condition, “normal,” and see what was ongoing prior to this period.
1) Unborn humans were/are still being slaughtered by the millions.
2) Every depravity against God’s firmly established order is being practiced, condoned by the “authorities,” celebrated by a growing segment of the population, and forced upon the rest of the world.
3) Lawlessness is now institutionalized, and the system is completely broken even to the highest (Supreme) court of the land.
4) Family structure is under severe and maniacal attack from every direction (Satan is well aware of where his attack must be focused).
5) Little children are being sacrificed as political pawns in order to further the desires or perversions of unstable adults.
6) Drug use is off the charts and is likely the largest money-generating commodity in history.
7) Church attendance is steadily eroding as many “churches” have compromised the Gospel and watered the truth down.
8) Truth has now been twisted, distorted, nullified, and abandoned by the world.
9) Many people are now convinced that they can “identify” as a different gender and/or even a different species (both of which are a biological impossibility) than what they were born as and demand that people support them in it.
10) Many people take no responsibility for their own poor decisions but lay blame elsewhere.
11) The country is being ruled by a party (Democrats) that believes they can remove God as a political declaration and succeed. This is not to say that all Republicans are innocent either, but they have not made it the official party line – yet.
12) Schools are teaching godless, evil depravity to little malleable minds.
13) Man-caused climate change is pounded into the minds of people who just accept it as true because they don’t do their own due diligence to discover that they are being deceived.
14) People are starving to death all over the world.
15) Satan worship is openly practiced and encouraged even in schools.
16) Libraries have become bastions of depravity.
I could go on and on as the above list is far from complete. I can remind everyone of the repeated warnings by the Holy Spirit of God in His Word that these things would become normal in these last days. I could point out chapter and verse as well, but anyone who reads the Bible should be familiar with all these admonitions and warnings provided to all people by the Holy Spirit of God out of His love for His creation.
Now to the crux of this article. For those who wish or pray for “normal” to return, I would remind them that it would mean that the list above would continue unabated. Babies would continue to be murdered, and the list would go on and on. Meanwhile, we would be “free” to enjoy football, hiking etc, etc. You get the picture. I enjoy things as well, but I can no longer comfortably do that as God has made me very aware of the cost to others.
I would urge everyone to examine your heart and spirit and ask yourselves, “Is my comfort at the expense of all the victims of this evil really what I want?”
You know where you are going, my brothers and sisters, and you know this time and these events had to arrive; so please, place your priorities in the right place and pray for God’s will to be done just as Jesus did on the night of His crucifixion.
While I don’t know any (true) Christians who wish harm to anyone, we are not the ones who control the future. That is the sovereign Lord’s decision, and it has already been made. He is righteous, and He will execute judgment on a rebellious and unbelieving world. I believe that time is very close at hand.
Finally, God has made it absolutely clear that there is no one who comes before Him under His terms that will be refused.
No one: no race, no color, no country of origin, regardless of your previous belief system: no one.
Salvation is available to everyone.
What are His terms according to His Word?
- Genuine repentance
- Confession of sins
- Belief that Jesus Christ paid their death sentence for them on the cross
- To acknowledge that they are unable to pay that debt
- To believe that Jesus is the Way, the only Way, that God has established by which humans may be saved from the consequences of their sin and rebellion
- To earnestly and honestly repent and ask for forgiveness in Jesus Name
John 5:24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.”
To contact me: email@example.com