Concerning life during evil times, Paul said, “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Eph. 5:16-17).
Do not let the corruption of this world distract you, be thoughtful, walk wisely, walk in the will of God, and use the time you have left to serve Him.
Here are some reasons to believe the days are evil.
One, concerning Israel’s recent war with Hamas and the Palestine Islamic Jihad, here are a few things that caught my attention:
- On May 17, 2021, Turkey’s Pres. Erdogan called upon the UN, the UN Security Council, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and other international groups to wrestle Jerusalem away from Israel and to establish a commission of Muslims, Christians and Jews to administer the city.
- On May 18, 2021, Israel’s Prime Min. Netanyahu said Israel’s 9 days of strikes on Gaza have “set Hamas back by years,” and “We will continue [to strike] as long as needed in order to restore the quiet to all citizens of Israel.”
- On May 18, 2021, Israel shot down and recovered pieces of an armed Iranian drone that was launched from Syria or Iraq and entered Israeli air space from Jordan.
- On May 18, 2021, Kohanim (Jewish priests) wearing priestly garments reenacted the Shavuot (Feast of Weeks; Pentecost) Temple service. The service could not be held on the Temple Mount because the Palestinians were rioting, but it was held near the Temple Mount despite the rioting.
- On May 19, 2021, four rockets were fired at Israel from southern Lebanon, but Hezbollah denied responsibility (Israel responded with artillery fire).
- On May 19, 2021, it was reported that Israel has been striking Hamas’ navy. The head of Hamas’ submarine development program has been killed, the head of Hamas’ naval commando force has probably been killed, 8 warehouses that store naval weapons, 10 naval posts and 22 ships have been destroyed, and more.
- On May 19, 2021, Pres. Biden pushed Prime Min. Netanyahu to move toward a ceasefire with Hamas. Netanyahu said he is determined to continue until he has achieved quiet and security (peace and safety) for the citizens of Israel. Netanyahu said, “The possible responses to Hamas are to either conquer Gaza or deter them.”
- On May 20, 2021, there was an 8-hour lull in Israel’s attacks on her enemies, but 341 rockets were fired at Israel. Despite that (and the fact that 4,400 rockets had been fired at Israel since May 10), Prime Min. Netanyahu declared a unilateral ceasefire.
- On May 20, 2021, it was reported that a long list of Arab writers (Arab writers, not Jewish writers) are saying this conflict was really a conflict with Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood because they were financing and arming Hamas. According to these Arab writers, those that truly care about the Palestinians would want Hamas defeated and driven out of Gaza because they are oppressing the Palestinian people.
For your information, here is this writer’s understanding of the ceasefire:
- On May 20, 2021, following an Egyptian proposal, Prime Min. Netanyahu declared a unilateral ceasefire.
- Hamas wanted a negotiated ceasefire, not a unilateral ceasefire.
- Hamas was attacking Israel to force Israel to agree to keep Jews off the Temple Mount, keep Jews out of Muslim neighborhoods near Jerusalem, cause Israel to abandon the holy sites, etc.
- Israel’s unilateral ceasefire means that Israel did not make any concessions to Hamas or agree to any of the things Hamas wanted.
- It also means that Israel can resume the attacks anytime Israel thinks it is necessary.
- Israel did not give up the right to visit the Temple Mount, enter Muslim neighborhoods, abandon any of the holy sites, etc.
- When Israel declared a unilateral ceasefire, world leaders stopped pressuring Israel to stop attacking the Palestinians.
- But some started pressuring the Muslims to stop attacking Israel.
- On May 23, 2021, Israel allowed a small group of Jewish visitors to visit the Temple Mount.
- Hamas lost a lot of people, weapons, tunnels, buildings, money, etc., but not even one of their demands was met.
- On May 25, 2021, there were no rockets being fired on Israel, but rioting and violence were still taking place.
Two, Since the rocket bombardments stopped, Biden said he will give Gaza $338 million, Pres. el-Sisi of Egypt said he will give $500 million to rebuild Gaza, and Qatar pledged $360 million (almost $1.2 billion so far).
Why shouldn’t Hamas go to war if world leaders reward them like that?
Of course, some always say the money helps the Palestinian people.
In my neck of the woods, people call that “Hog Wash” (blarney, a lie, nonsense, stupidity, etc.).
Past history shows that most of the money given to help the Palestinians always seems to wind up in the hands of terrorists, and most of it is used not to help the Palestinians but to finance future terrorist attacks on Israel.
Three, concerning the Great Reset, on May 19, 2021, LifeSiteNews posted an Apr. 9, 2021, interview with retired Roman Catholic Archbishop Carlo Vigano.
In my words, Vigano said:
- The Great Reset is an elitist effort to impose a series of changes on the masses because it would be difficult to get the changes approved if the masses are given a choice.
- The changes are intended to prepare for the reign of the Antichrist.
- The elite are hiding their true intent (deceiving the masses) under the guise of creating a better world, protecting the environment, freedom, equality, etc.
- The principles they espouse reveals a hatred for religion, especially Christianity and Jesus.
- Their idea of freedom is rebellion against God and the Word of God.
- Their idea of equality is to place everyone on the same level, and that is the lowest level of society today.
- Man is made in the image of God with the freedom to choose to obey or not obey God, but the globalists intend to remake man in an image they prefer and force man to obey them.
- Good and evil will not be defined by the Bible; it will be defined by them.
- The Great Reset is not just setting the stage for the rise of Antichrist; it is also setting the stage for their godless world religion.
- Covid is a tool the globalists have been using to justify restrictions on the natural freedoms and rights of the masses.
Four, concerning the tracking of all buying and selling, on May 24, 2021, it was reported that the Federal Reserve expects a money system similar to a digital dollar to be ready for use by the general public in two years.
Five, concerning a falling away from the faith in the U.S., on May 20, 2021, it was reported that an Arizona Univ. Cultural Research Center found that 43% of Millennials (18-36) and 31% of Gen Xers (37-54) do not know or care whether God exists.
Only 40% of those that are 55 or older are believed to be born again.
Concerning this, Dr. George Barna said, “The influence of the Christian church has diminished while the influence of arts, entertainment, and news media has exploded.”
In conclusion, walk wisely, the days are evil, and you should not want to be embarrassed when Jesus returns.
Six, concerning election fraud, on May 25, 2021, it was reported that radio host John Fredericks said Judge Amero could decertify the Georgia election if it is found that votes were counted twice.
If Fredericks is right, the struggle to get this fraud to the U.S. Supreme Court could tear this nation apart.
Finally, if you want to be rapture ready and go to heaven, you must be born again (John 3:3). God loves you, and if you have not done so, sincerely admit that you are a sinner; believe that Jesus is the virgin-born, sinless Son of God who died for the sins of the world, was buried, and raised from the dead; ask Him to forgive your sins, cleanse you, come into your heart and be your Saviour; then tell someone that you have done this.