What was that old folk tale of Hansel and Gretel about? They dropped bread crumbs along the trail the wicked witch was taking them, and their rescuers were able to find them. Has there been a trail of “crumbs” declared openly and the “hush-hush” has been so well placed that no one is willing to connect the dots? Has the “wicked witch” so closed off commentary, or is most of the population totally unaware, uncaring, or a willing part of it?
Recently I prepared an article that connected the dots from the confirmation of the covenant in Daniel 9:26-27 to the wrap-up in Revelation 19 of that key figure who is the dominant person in that whole scenario. That scenario is still future but apparently very near. It brings up a question of what are the parallel dots that can be connected of things that have happened in secular history and now in current events. Let the “crumbs” of evidence lead us forward on the trail.
In this exercise we are attempting to identify and track the development of the opposition to God’s actual existence and secondly, His plan for Man’s redemption. It’s a dot-connecting endeavor that should illuminate the “whys” and “whats” of all that has gone on in the world for all these centuries.
· The beginning would have to be the identification of God’s true opposition throughout the ages:
“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven,I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation, on the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High.’ Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol, to the lowest depths of the Pit” (Isaiah 14:12-15).
· A fast-forward dot connection will give insight into the following series of dots and their underlying connection. The following passage is from Revelation 13:2b where the context tells of John’s vision of the seven-headed beast, whose heads are, as Daniel’s prophecy first identified them, representing kingdoms which have dominated the civilized world since the time of the Tower of Babel, certainly, and even from the beginning of nations, if the reference in Isaiah 14 above—“You who weakened the nations”—is considered:
“The dragon gave him [the beast] his power, his throne, and great authority.” [The dragon is identified in Revelation 12 as Satan.]
· Those kingdoms or heads of the beast, that John saw included a seventh that was not yet formed, but would be in the future. John was living in the time of the sixth head, the Holy Roman Empire. Those five prior heads were past history—Assyria, Egypt, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. John saw that one head suffered a mortal wound and the wound was healed. The only head that was currently present then was that sixth head, the Roman Empire. It is the old Roman Empire which faded away and now comes back to life as the seventh head or kingdom. This seventh head “was and is not, yet will be” in John’s vision. To bring the picture full-circle, from the Isaiah 14 passage, above, to the future, here is Revelation 17:11:
“The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.” [The beast is personified in the Satan-indwelt Antichrist and is the final eighth head or the final world ruler before Jesus returns and destroys his kingdom rule.]
· This seventh head’s formation is what has been developing since its predecessor was mortally wounded. The former Roman Empire had two parts; the western half crumbled within from moral decay, while the eastern part continued for several centuries before its demise with the rise of Napoleon’s power.
· Out of the ashes of that Empire, European nation states began to rise, marked by the birth of banking systems.
· Control of international money systems evolved with the influence and control of the Rothschild family, gradually reaching into the whole world, especially America. One Rothschild spokesman is alleged to have said, “Give me control of a nation’s money supply, and I will not care what its laws are!”
· Formation of the Federal Reserve System to control America’s money supply was secretly accomplished in 1910 and passed into law in 1913. It basically provides that all federal funding of the United States not offset by taxes will be provided by loans from the Federal Reserve, which is neither federal nor a reserve of real money. [Thus, the income tax also became law then.]
· It is not difficult, now, to connect the dots to some presidential assassinations, especially when they have defied the central bank or the Federal Reserve by printing currency backed by the U. S. Treasury instead of borrowing from the banking system. I refer to Lincoln’s “greenback dollars” and Kennedy’s silver certificates. [Notice that you will not find any Kennedy-issued five and ten dollar bills imprinted with “silver certificate” on them anywhere; they all read “Federal Reserve Note” now.]
· Over a hundred years ago President Woodrow Wilson made this statement that speaks volumes of the seriousness of the intentions of those who would control the world for their own purposes. [Remember that the prince of this world, as the Bible calls him, is also the empowering energizer of that seventh head as it is being formed]:
“Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere, so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.” (Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom, 1913)
· Birth of the United Nations after World War II out of the ashes of the failed League of Nations after World War I provided a framework for development of a One World Government, but it could not come about as long as the sovereignty of the United States remained intact.
· In light of that anticipated need to destroy the sovereignty of the United States, the following admission, openly made in his memoirs, this quote from David Rockefeller, a long-time banking official and founder of the Trilateral Commission that is tied to the Bilderberg global group, is far-reaching in its startling intent:
Some even believe we (the Rockefeller family) are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure—one world, if you will. If that’s the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it. (David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405)
· About 1954 a spokesman for the United Nations is alleged to have made this astounding statement, or plea: “What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the alliances of all people and to lift us out of the economic morass into which we are sinking. Send us such a man, and be he god or devil, we will receive him.”
· In the search for that man, Kennedy failed them, as did Lyndon Johnson, Jimmie Carter and Bill Clinton. One from the opposite side of the aisle, however, openly spoke of a vision in his departing speech, as he finished his term as president: He was looking forward to a “New World Order.” 
· Then, along came a man in 2008 who vowed to “fundamentally change America forever,”  and a prominent spokesperson exclaimed, after the election, “He was primed to lead us into a New World Order!” 
· Is this the man they were hoping for back in 1954? On October 31, 2008, (Hallowe’en), two prominent news commentators—Tom Brokaw and Charley Rose—were sharing their excitement for the expected coming election results five days later when one of them suddenly asked the other, rather soberly, “What do we really know about him?” The other had no conclusive answer. 
At this point I will cease the attempt to connect dots, except that I want to list some characteristics of the person Daniel’s forward-looking pronouncements identified, just in Daniel 9:26b-27:
· This person who is to come will be a “prince” or leader of people, thus one who is in place already.
· He will be in a position of high level recognition, for he is prominent in confirming a covenant with many which allows Israel to rebuild its temple and re-establish its sanctuary activities;
· He will have centralized power in the world into his own hands, for he will abort the covenant half-way through its term of seven years and will position himself as God in the Jewish temple, demanding that all people worship him.
Now consider the alignment of current events within this framework:
· The scramble for a peace solution in the Middle East between Israel and the Palestinians, with other Islamic nations, has been an ongoing scenario for decades and is now front and center in negotiations;
· The nation whose administration is looked to for putting together a workable solution is America;
· The leader of America has become decisively independent and dictatorial in his leadership role;
· The subtle movement toward a New World Order and one world government continues its shadowy progress as America’s Constitutional government staggers under the onslaughts of opposition hammering it, under the guise of “fundamentally transforming America forever.” So, what is on the horizon? 
Is there need for more to be said? Who will be the one who will reveal himself by stepping forward to confirm a covenant with many others?
While the sovereignty of nations may come and go, the sovereignty of the God of the universe will never cease. He says, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away” (Mark 13:31).