A one thousand year period of time is mentioned six times in the Book of Revelation (Rev. 20:1-7).
1) Satan will be bound for one thousand years.
2) The nations won’t be deceived for a thousand years.
3) Saints will reign with Jesus for a thousand years.
4) The lost won’t be raised until the thousand years end.
5) The saints will be priests of God and Jesus for a thousand years.
6) Satan will be loosed at the end of the thousand years.
Those who believe this will be a literal thousand years call it the “Millennium.” The word “Millennium” comes from two Latin words “milli” which means one thousand and “annum” which means years.
Many people know that Jesus will sit on the throne of David and rule the world (Jer. 23:5-6; Zech. 14:9; Luke 1:31-33), that theTemple will be rebuilt (Ezek. 40-48), that the Word of the Lord will go forth from Jerusalem (Isa. 2:3), that there will be peace and justice on earth (Isa. 9:6-7) and more. But some ask, “What will we do during the Millennium?”
Below are seven things that the saved will do:
1) Worship (Revelation 4:9-10).
2) Keep the Feast of Tabernacles (Zech. 14:16-19).
3) Visit Jerusalem to learn (Isa. 2:2-3; I Corinthians 13:11-12).
4) Fellowship (Revelation 19:9).
5) Serve Jesus (Psa. 72:11; Revelation 22:3).
6) Judge fallen angels (I Corinthians 6:3).
7) Reign on the earth (Luke 19:11-27; Rev. 5:10; II Tim. 2:12).
These things will be more than enough to keep us busy.
Prophecy Plus Ministries
Daymond & Rachel Duck