The Third Temple
2021 saw many prophetic portents just in regard to the Third Temple. Below are some of those events:
More Red Heifers
Numbers 19:2 – “Tell the people of Israel to bring you a young red female cow without fault or defect and which has never borne a yoke.”
In July of 2021, Rabbi Kupietzky said, “I really believe that the red heifer was born this year.” He explained that the current Hebrew year is 5781 which, in Hebrew numerology, is תשפא. “That is an acronym for תהיה שנה פרה אדומה (it will be the year of the red heifer).” Kupietzky also explained that the Talmud has a precedent for the red heifer being provided by a non-Jew, so he is working with Boneh Israel (build Israel), a Christian organization. Efforts to locate a red heifer have even taken them to Texas: “The red heifer is not a korban, a sacrifice,” Kupietzky pointed out. “It is performed outside of the Temple and is considered a tekes, a ceremony. Which is why we are especially looking in Texas for the tekes,” he quipped.
The Priestly Strategies
Exodus 28:4 – “These are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod.”
Exodus 29:6 – “You shall put the turban on his head, and put the holy crown on the turban.”
The Temple Institute has invested millions of dollars into recreating the utensils, garments, and tools needed for sacrifices and has recently finished fabrication of the Ephod, Breastplate, and Golden Crown of the High Priest.
- On Monday, December 6, 2021, a reenactment of several Temple ceremonies was held in Mitzpe Yericho. The reenactment included a demonstration of the anointing of the High Priest, the lighting of the Temple menorah, and the dedication of a new altar for use on the Temple Mount.
- For the purposes of the menorah lighting, special oil has been prepared – olives beaten by hand, not by machine.
- A demonstration of the anointing of the Kohen Gadol (High Priest) was also held.
- The event included the dedication of a new altar. The altar adheres to the minimum requirements, can be ready at a moment’s notice, can be transported, and can be easily assembled on the Temple Mount.
- Also in December, the ‘Rabbis of the Temple Mount’ gathered for talks on the Temple Mount under the protection of the Israeli police, which they considered a historic moment.
The Temple Efforts
Isaiah 2:2 – “In the days to come, the mount of Yahweh’s house shall stand firm above the mountains and tower above the hills; and all the nations shall gaze on it with joy and stream unto it.”
2021 has seen continued efforts to see the Temple built upon the Temple Mount.
- In March 2021, a growing number of Saudis declared Jerusalem to be Israel’s capital and looked forward to the construction of the Third Temple, stating that there is no importance of the Temple Mount to Muslims. Saudi Arabian lawyer and journalist Osama Yamani wrote, “Jerusalem is not Al-Aqsa, which is not cited in the missions that Allah gave Muhammad and the caliphs. Similarly, Jerusalem is a city, and Al-Aqsa is a mosque.”
- In June 2021, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett reportedly told American Jewish leaders that Israel wants more control over the Temple Mount.
- In July 2021, The Temple Institute released a three-minute video showing what the Third Temple will look like: as one walks through the temple, one can see the Menorah, Altar of Incense, and Table of Showbread. The video was released to coincide with the Ninth of Av, 2021.
- A record 11,000 Jews ascended to the Temple Mount in the three-month period since the beginning of the Hebrew year in September. This is a 50%-80% increase over previous years.
- The special Biblically mandated indigo dye made from the murex snail used in the mitzvah of tzitzit (fringes) that every Jewish man is commanded to wear on a four-cornered garment is now being made by the Ptil Tekhelet company. Thus far, over 270,000 sets of fringes have been made, but even that number is not enough to satisfy the needs of the Third Temple requirements to start operations.
The state of Israel is a fact, and Jewish authorities are preparing to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. The appearance of the red heifers, the architectural plans, and the ability of the Jewish people to openly pray on the Temple Mount are all seen as prophetic implications that the time is ripe. All of the gold and silver utensils and the garments needed for Temple worship have either been recovered or remanufactured. The Kohanim have been trained, and the Stone Altar has been dedicated. Only the Ark of the Covenant awaits recovery.
Luke 21:28 – “When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near!”
May Yom Teruah this year be fulfilled in the resurrection of the dead. Be sure you are ready and watching. Yeshua Ha’Mashiach is coming soon – so be of great cheer, keep looking up, lift up your heads and see your redemption draw near. Keep maintaining an attitude of gratitude. Be sure Yeshua is your Redeemer, King, and High Priest, and your sins are forgiven.