Dark Times Precede Joyous Times for Believers
Dark times are these Biblical end-times, positively Orwellian. How could it be otherwise? Believers are under siege. So many sinister events to “worry” about, and no matter how chipper or optimistic, nobody can be immune from these freshly-minted disasters all the time. In just the last two years, we’ve seen:
- Biden’s Afghanistan catastrophe
- S. arms Taliban with $2 billion of abandoned weaponry (could not have been an accident; no one is that incompetent)
- Turning of USA over to New World globalists by way of riots, elections, military malfeasance
- Invasion of illegals at border continuously worsens
- Iran now just weeks away from nuclear capability; Israel vows to thwart
- Manufactured Covid bioweapon unleashed on the entire world
- Covid jab mandate for the entire world despite causing deaths, injuries, infertility, miscarriages
- Fauci lies about funding “gain of function” Wuhan research proven in 900-page The Intercept-acquired Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Big Brother censorship and silencing of our doctors and scientists who espouse therapeutics vs. “vaccine”
- Big Brother censorship of conservatives; Trump banned
- BLM/Antifa destruction (2020: 25 dead, billions in property damage)
- God already judging, turns world over to reprobate mind concerning Marxism, homosexuality, child transgenderism (Romans 1)
- Looming financial crisis due to profligate debt creation (on no one’s radar)
- China to offer cryptocurrency backed by 38,000 tons of gold? (Lights out for American $)
- Rise in suicides, even among Christians
- Christian apostasy
These bring to mind: “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh” (Luke 21.28).
That is where the Bible-believing Christian can confidently stand. In the Word. The Word tells us there are just as many exciting developments to offset these catastrophes, just behind them:
- The Rapture, a big subject unto itself. See Rapture: Fact or Fiction? by Dr. David Reagan
- Seven years in heaven. “In my Father’s house are many mansions…. I go to prepare a place for you.” A mansion here on planet Earth that takes a year or two or three to construct is usually pretty breathtaking. What of one 2,000 years in the works? With a potential 3 billion angel construction task force, see The Mighty Angels of Revelation by Nathan Jones.
- Bema judgment seat of Christ, rewards dispensed
- Marriage supper of the Lamb
- Riding back to earth behind Christ on his white war-charger
- Yeshua reigns as king. Psalm 45:16 “Instead of thy fathers shall be your children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.” Special positions for Moses (state); Elijah (church); David (“For they shall serve the Lord their God, and David their King, whom I will raise up for them” (Jer. 30:9, written concerning Israel and Judah); apostles (each will judge one of the twelve tribes of Israel) (Matt. 19:27-28).
- “Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name’s sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life” (Matthew 19:27-29).
- Lucifer/Satan loosed, the rebellion (Rev 20:3). An absolutely remarkable event, the loosing of Satan and his last rebellion. After nearly 1,000 years, people won’t remember or believe Satan’s days of ruling the earth, so here is Satan’s insurrection refrained. Satan will be proven yet again to be evil and the Lord God proven good, gracious and benevolent.
- Eternity, new heavens, new earth. Rev. 22:16-21 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to you to tell the churches all these things. I am both David’s Root and his Descendant. I am the bright Morning Star. The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come.’ Let each one who hears them say the same, ‘Come.’ Let the thirsty one come—anyone who wants to; let him come and drink the Water of Life without charge.
“And I solemnly declare to everyone who reads this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God shall add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone subtracts any part of these prophecies, God shall take away his share in the Tree of Life and in the Holy City just described. He who has said all these things declares: ‘Yes, I am coming soon!’ The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen!”
The promise of Jesus Christ himself, last words of the Bible. He is coming here, to our terra firma – soon. “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
We are almost home, Christians. Among Bible-believing Christians, Christ will indeed find faith when he comes. Among the in-name-only Christians, apparently not. The Word says: “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.” (1 Corinthians 15:19).
But to that, we add that the corollary must then be true as well: if in the next (and soon-to-be) life we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most joyous.
And even so, please return soon, Lord Jesus Christ!