The Chronology and Characteristics of The Kingdom Age
Now that we have learned about Israel and Jesus’ promises to her to fulfill ALL of God’s covenant made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Jewish people regarding the Kingdom, and after we have learned that the Church and Israel, though separate and distinct entities, will both have pivotal roles to play during the Kingdom Age, we are now ready to examine when the Kingdom begins, and what the characteristics of the Kingdom will be according to the scriptures.
- WHEN DOES THE KINGDOM BEGIN – It begins after the end of the seven-year Tribulation and after Jesus judges the survivor Gentile peoples of every nation as to whether they are “sheep” or “goat” nations. The people who are “sheep” – those who believed and stayed faithful to Christ, refusing the mark of the beast, all who protected the Jews, they will be invited into Jesus’ kingdom and will enter into it STILL IN THEIR MORTAL BODIES. These surviving Tribulation saints will marry, procreate and will fill the nations of the earth during the Kingdom Age (Joel 3:2; Matthew 25:31-46).
The “goats” – All Tribulation survivors who did NOT believe, and ALL survivors who took the Antichrist’ mark will be thrown immediately into Sheol (Hell) where all the other souls of the lost dead from Adam’s time onward already are to await their final judgment at the Great White Throne which will take place at the END of the Millennial Kingdom (Matthew 25:31-46; Revelation 14:9).
- THE DURATION OF THE KINGDOM – It will be last a literal 1000 years (Revelation 20:2-6).
III. IT WILL BE A TRUE THEOCRATIC RULE – AN ABSOLUTE MONARCHY – Christ Himself shall rule and reign over the earth from the throne of David in a greatly expanded Jerusalem, Israel (Psalm 89:20-37; Isaiah 24:23; Jeremiah 30:9; Jeremiah 33:16-17; Ezekiel 34:24-24; Ezekiel 37:24-25; Ezekiel 45:22; Daniel 7:13-14; Hosea 3:5; Luke 1:30-33).
- IT WILL BE A GLOBAL REPRESENTATIVE RULE – The twelve apostles and Old Testament saints in immortal bodies will represent Christ as they rule over the 12 tribes of Israel while the immortal Church- Age saints, and Tribulation saints will be representatives of Christ ruling over the Gentile nations of the Kingdom (Isaiah 32:1; Daniel 7:17-18; Daniel 7:21-22; Daniel 7:27; Matthew 19:28; Luke 22:30; Revelation 3:21; Revelation 5:10).
- JESUS’ REIGN WILL BE UNIVERSAL – Jesus will reign as Absolute Monarch both literally and spiritually over the entire earth (Psalm 2:6-9; Psalm 72:8; Daniel 2:44; Daniel 4:34; Daniel 7:14; Daniel 7:27; Micah 4:1-2; Zechariah 9:10).
- JERUSALEM, ISRAEL, WILL BE THE SEAT OF ALL EARTHLY GOVERNMENT – Jerusalem will be restored and expanded greatly in order to serve as the global seat of both government and worship. The topography of Jerusalem will be greatly lifted up and will become the hills of the Lord (Isaiah 62:1; Isaiah 65:18-19; Ezekiel 48:15-19; Luke 21:24; Revelation 11:2).
VII. Earth WILL BE RESTORED TO ITS EDENIC STATE – God will restore the earth to Eden-like conditions. God will remove the damage mankind has done to the earth along with the utter devastation and ruin caused during the Tribulation judgments (Matthew 19:28).
VIII. THE POPULATION OF THE EARTH – ALL resurrected and glorified saints including the Church-Age saints, OT saints, and Tribulation saints who are already immortal and in their glorified bodies will rule in the midst of Christ’s still mortal “brethren” – the faithful Jewish remnant and the “sheep” – the faithful Gentiles who remain in their mortal bodies. These are they who, still mortal, will marry, procreate, and populate the Kingdom (Daniel12:2; Isaiah 26:19; Isaiah 65:20 – 25; Matthew 25:31; Revelation 20).
- A PARTIAL REMOVAL OF THE CURSE OF SIN – Satan will be bound for 1,000 years, Paradise will be restored, and Jesus will rule fairly but “with a rod of iron.” Mortal people, though, will still have their sin nature, and those born during the Kingdom will still have to choose to follow Christ or not. People will live to a great age, with believers possibly living even to the end of the millennium, but sin will still be in the hearts of the unregenerate; thus, death will still occur for those who are rebellious. Previously carnivorous animals will revert to the way all animals were at creation and will be herbivores, not meat eaters. They will no longer have a fear of man. Living waters will flow from beneath the sanctuary of the Millennial Temple (Isaiah 6:9; Isaiah 65:25; Ezekiel 47:8-12; Zechariah 8:4; Zechariah 14:8; Revelation 20).
- THE EARTH WILL BE PRODUCTIVE, AND MANKIND WILL ENJOY THE FRUIT OF HIS LABORS (Psalms 67:6-7; Psalms 72:16; Joel 2:24-26; Joel 3:18; Amos 9:13-14).
- THE NATION OF ISRAEL – Israel will finally inherit and inhabit the full land that God had promised them. She will be the focal point of all the earth (Genesis 13:15; Genesis 17:8; 1 Corinthians 17:9; Psalms 105:8-11; Isaiah 60:21; Jeremiah 3:18; Jeremiah 7:7; Jeremiah 30:3; Jeremiah 31:8-9; Ezekiel 37:25; Ezekiel 39: 25-29; Amos 9:11-15).
XII. FINALLY, GLOBAL PEACE – ALL implements of war will be destroyed. Nations will no longer go to war. Jesus will decide all national conflicts. Nations will be judged by Christ from Jerusalem (Psalms 72:3-7; Isaiah 2:5; Isaiah 9:7; Ezekiel 37:26; Micah 4:3).
XIII. WORSHIP – A temple will stand in Jerusalem, and ALL the nations will go up to Jerusalem to worship at the Feast of Tabernacles. Sacrificial offerings WILL RESUME IN THE MILLENNIAL TEMPLE, NOT as an offering for the covering of sins, but as a visual object lesson for all people (Isaiah 2:3; Isaiah 56:7-7; Isaiah 66:20-23; Ezekiel 43:20; Ezekiel 43:26; Ezekiel 45:15; Ezekiel 45:17; Ezekiel 45:20; Jeremiah 33:18; Daniel 9:24; Joel 3:18; Haggai 2:7-9; Zechariah 6:12).
XIV. THE SATANIC REALM – At the end of the Tribulation, Satan will be bound in the abyss for the entire millennium. Scripture tells us that, apparently, demons and other evil principalities will be bound in regions designated for their kind in the regions of Babylon, in areas of Edom (part of Iran), and in the abyss (Isaiah 34:8-17; Revelation 18:2-3; Revelation 20:3).
- LANGUAGE – The curse of Babel will be fully lifted; and in all the earth, there will be but one language (Zephaniah 3:8-12).
I encourage us all to study these scriptures to get an in-depth look at just how amazing and wonderful the Kingdom Age will be!
In our last study, Lord willing, we will explore the end of the Kingdom Age. Satan’s final revolt, the Great White throne judgment, the New Heavens and Earth, and the eternal state, so stay tuned!!