A year ago I began writing a couple commentaries reflecting on things I never thought I would live to see. Pastor David Jeremiah started this line of thinking several years ago. Today, I introduce part 3 of my thoughts, because I never thought I would see the day when . . . .
- The slaughter of eleven Jews in a Pittsburgh synagogue would be blamed on the most pro-Israel President ever.
- This ordeal would be made even worse when “The Atlantic” urged Trump-supporting Jews to not be welcome in synagogues.
- Almost half of Americans — both Republicans and Democrats — state they feel like a stranger in their own country.
- Churches across America of all denominations would celebrate Halloween featuring zombies, dancing skeletons, and haunted hay rides glorifying demons and all things dark. What part of Ephesians 5:11 don’t they get? “Have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead, expose them.”
- “Kill all Jews” would become a popular trend on social media. Twitter actually apologized for their role in this.
- Christians and Trump supporters would be depicted as “trash” in a fake New York City sanitation ad.
- To add insult to injury, Christians and conservatives would also be called “scum” and the “dregs of society” by Joe Biden and others. They moved beyond racist, sexist, homophobe, and Islamaphobe.
- A new term was coined called “Blexit” representing the departure of African-Americans from the Democrat Party.
- Strong delusion would soar and blatant witchcraft would be in headlines. Witches would curse Judge Brett Kavanaugh and a professing Christian would promote “Christian witchcraft.”
- Many Catholics would become disillusioned with a Pope, who, they are taught, can do no wrong. Some Catholics feel Pope Francis has a “crisis of credibility.”
- Social media would keep promoting evil but Facebook would censor and block prayer.
- An American President — Donlad J. Trump — would declare to the world of globalists that he is not one of them! He wants nothing to do with their one-world scheme.
- Theaters would actually turn away a money-making film titled “Gosnell” because it didn’t fit the liberal agenda. To them, abortion is a sacrament.
- A Democrat Party leader in Pittsburgh was fired because on social media he said he would stand for the flag and kneel for the cross.
- Drag queens would be welcomed into grade school and middle school with no warnings to parents.
- With shades of Daniel 9:27, a European leader, unable to patiently wait for a U.S. peace plan in the Middle East between Palestinians and Israelis, said he would come up with such a plan. France’s Emmanuel Macron cannot wait to be such a peace broker. One periodical calls Macron “Europe’s Saviour.”
- Most evangelicals would believe that God accepts the worship of all religions.
- Only one church in my home town of Minneapolis — the land of 10,000 churches — would preach on the Rapture.
So that’s enough of my list for today. Clearly, we’re not in Kansas anymore. It’s a new day. The Bible said such aberrations would be characteristic of a last days’ generation so that’s the good news.
I can almost hear the hoof beats of the four horsemen. But the King comes first! It could be today.