The Last Days
Do you see what’s happening in the world today? Are you watching? Do you see the signs all around? Are you burning out and giving up?
Romans 13:11 says, “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.”
We are in the last days, and not just the last days but very possibly the last hours. Yet, Christians are falling asleep. In the last moments of this age, when we have the opportunity to stand as blazing soldiers of the Gospel, Christians are focusing on movies, video games, fishing, sports, yard work, shopping, politics, social media and everything else that is temporary. These are distractions, or as the Bible says “weights” (Hebrews 12:1). A phrase from the song “Where is a Gideon” comes to mind:
“Where is the man who gives up ambition, worldly desires are all set aside? Where is the man who lonely be service, satisfied only in Him to abide?”
We live in a day when Christians don’t want (or care) to sacrifice their will to the King. Believers must wake up to what is going on around them.
Indications of the Lord’s Soon Return
Before I start, I want to give an analogy of many Christians these days.
Think of a hoarder. They live in their home with stuff piled to the ceiling. They don’t see, or they choose to ignore, the signs of their hoarding. If they would look around and be honest with themselves, they would see everything all around them. This is how many Christians are living right now. They have signs all around them, yet they choose not to see the obvious.
Mark 13:35-37 “Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.”
As the birth pangs grow, we can see the shadows of what’s to come during the tribulation. Here are some obvious signs of our Lord’s soon coming (don’t just believe me; verify like the Bereans):
Note: I’ve listed some passages concerning end times references in blue. This is by no means a comprehensive list.
- Israel became a nation again in one day on May 14, 1948.
- The US moved its embassy to Jerusalem exactly 70 years to the day (this wasn’t an accident).
- Earthquakes are popping up in more diverse places. Matthew 24:7
- More and more “rare” earthquakes are occurring in strange places.
- We are hearing the term earthquake “swarm” almost daily.
- Hurricanes are becoming more severe. Luke 21:25
- I’m reading discussion of a possible new hurricane classification: Category 6.
- Heat waves are becoming more severe. Revelation 16:9
- This has happened regionally in the past, but temperatures on the global stage seem to be heating up.
- Regional flooding is becoming more severe, yet more rainbows seem to be appearing.
- Truth: God destroyed the world by flood last time, but the rainbow symbolizes His promise not to destroy it by water the next time. Genesis 9:13-16
- Applied: The regional flooding shows us judgment is coming, but the rainbows show us God’s covenant stands.
- Giant cracks opening all over the earth Luke 21:26
- Kenya, Wyoming, Mexico, New Zealand, Uganda, Arizona, Pakistan, South Africa, Britain, Columbia, Paraguay, and it keeps going
- Some prophecy students link Isaiah 24:19 to these cracks.
- Lightning storms are putting on astounding displays and breaking lightning strike records.
- David refers to lightning as the arrows of God. Psalm 18:14, 144:5-6 – Just interesting to me
- Droughts are increasing. Matthew 24:7
- Generally, weather related records are being broken at an amazing rate around the globe.
- Wildfires are increasing and growing in acreage.
- Pestilence is popping up everywhere. Matthew 24:7
- We are seeing the plague, Ebola, cholera, polio, and a host of other diseases increase or return.
- New unidentified diseases are appearing.
- Animals and marine life are dying en masse all across the world. Luke 21:26
- Asteroids are buzzing the earth more frequently. Matthew 24:29
- NASA is working toward a solution to protect the earth from an asteroid strike.
- We are seeing peace (on all levels) removed. Revelation 6:4 Note: The saved have a peace that passes understanding.
- Mankind is growing increasingly depressed and suicide rates are increasing. Luke 21:26
- Kingdoms within nations are increasingly fighting (Arab Spring, civil wars, secession, etc.). Matthew 24:7
- Nations are increasingly taking aggressive stances with each other. Matthew 24:7
- Immorality is almost the norm, and anyone who objects is considered hateful. 2 Timothy 4:3-4, Luke 17:28
- 2 Timothy 3:2-4 is an exact list of this generation.
- This explains all the shootings.
- This explains the violence in the news.
- This explains the depravity with which parents are treating children and children their parents.
- This explains the improper relationships between teachers and children in their classes.
- This explains our politicians.
- God is aligning the nations. Ezekiel 38
- Russia, Syria, Iran, and Turkey are quickly becoming allies and aligning against Israel.
- Study Meshech, Tubal, Gog, Magog, Gomer, Persia.
- Jerusalem has truly become a cup of trembling, and it’s increasing. Zechariah 12:2-3
- Satan is working to pervert God’s design of man.
- Mixing human DNA with animals. We may see an Island of Dr. Moreau situation through DNA modification.
- DNA “improvement”
- Design and assembly of an AI god and religion which man can integrate with, thereby becoming part of God himself (in their thinking). The gospel for this church is called “The Manual.”
- Mixing robotics with human biology
- Resistance to the Gospel is increasing. Luke 17:26, 2 Thessalonians 2-3
- We are in the days of Noah again (specifically resistance to the Gospel). However long Noah shared the coming judgment with the people, they were unmoved.
- Occultism and paganism are increasing among youth.
- The liberals in America are against anything Biblical. While they push a new “morality,” some have even declared that God is behind them. They are ready for their antichrist.
- Many false teachers are preaching other gospels and worshipping an unbiblical Jesus. Jude 18
- Churches are polarizing, and we are seeing a falling away. Many doctrinally sound churches are seeing their membership dwindle. 2 Timothy 4:3
- Sickening violence and immorality on TV or video games is common, even in Christian homes.
- Again, we have returned to the days of Noah and the days of Lot Luke 17:26, Genesis 6:11-13
The list keeps going…
- Increasing hail size. Job 38:22-23, Revelation 16:21
- I’ve been seeing news articles asking if baseball-size hail is a new norm.
- Economies collapsing regionally, sporadically (Venezuela, Greece, Italy, Etc.). Revelation 6:5-6
- I am waiting for one big event to collapse the entire global economy.
- Increasing attacks by animals on human beings. Revelation 6:8
- This is an odd one, but I’m seeing more and more articles of bizarre animal attacks.
- Men rising to power who are steeped in pride and arrogance 1 John 2:18
- If you follow world news, you can probably name a list of these men. One has even declared that he wants to rule his country like the god Jupiter (hint: Emmanuel Macron).
- Evil men are deceiving and seducing many. 2 Timothy 3:13
- People are calling evil good and good evil. Isaiah 5:20
- Marriage outside God’s structure
- Legalization of drugs
- You could insert a huge list here.
- The oceans dying and being littered with trash Revelation 8:9
- Look up “Great Pacific Garbage Patch” or “The Blob Pacific Ocean.”
- Volcanoes waking up and rumbling underground
- A new super volcano has been discovered under New England.
- Yellowstone’s steamboat geyser keeps erupting.
- More appearances of rare fire rainbows, sun halos, pillars, crepuscular rays, and other beautiful displays in the sky.
- Personally, I think this is a special treat and blessing for those of us who are watching. I am astounded at God’s beauty and design. Luke 21:28
- Technology to implement the mark of the beast (RFID chips, biometric patches, palm vein scanners, etc.). Revelation 13:16-17
- Technology to watch, from anywhere in the world the two witnesses lying dead for 3 1/2 days (TV, Internet, Earthnow). Revelation 11:9
- Israel is maturing. Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:28-29
- They are now one of the leaders of technological innovation in the world.
- The land itself is blooming.
- Militarily Israel is a nuclear power and its air force is one of the best in the world.
- Israel is becoming rich; they are discovering incredible sources of wealth in natural gas, oil, and minerals.
- The largest current world power has accepted Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
- More Jews now live in Israel than in any other country in the world.
- People are calling evil good and good evil. Isaiah 5:20
Do you see it yet? So many pieces are falling into place. The puzzle is coming together, and we are starting to see the full picture. The rapture could be any moment. Many of the topics listed above are shadows of what will happen in the tribulation period after the church has been taken. In other words, if we see the foreshadows of tribulations to come after the rapture, our blessed hope must be imminent.
Do you realize what that means? Jesus must be at the door, and our going home must be imminently imminent. After 1948, when Israel became a nation, we started sledding down the snowy mountain of end-times prophecy. As we have progressed down that snowy mountain, we are speeding up. God is aligning the world at a blazing speed now.
- The broken barriers of Babel Genesis 11:6-9
- God set barriers in language, but mankind can now translate languages almost instantly through smart-phones’ apps.
- God set geographical and cultural barriers, but businesses function in many different countries at one time. Redistribution of wealth and globalism is being pushed as right and good.
- We are at the moment in history when the barriers of Babel have been torn down and “nothing will be restrained” from man. Only God can step in and stop man from delving the depths of rebellion, pride, and wickedness.
No Consuming Fire?
I believe we are watching an intense spiritual battle in which few Christians are standing on the wall watching or fighting. Most seem to be content to linger in mediocrity and ambivalence. I have been increasingly wondering about the Christians who attend church sporadically and do almost nothing for Christ. They would rather not think about Jesus returning, and I believe they almost hope He doesn’t. It is very evident the fire of God’s love (given by the Holy Spirit) is not leading them, although they will mentally agree to most Biblical truths. It seems that many of these people struggle with assurance of their salvation.
The Bible says be filled with the Holy Spirit. We do this by waking up each day, reading God’s Word, and genuinely praying that God would use us that day. Our prayer should (in essence) be, “Use me anytime, anywhere, at any cost Lord.” After all, He gives us our next breath.
Romans 8:14 “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
Why are there so few on fire for God? It’s because this world is distracting, and people do not want to give themselves to God. As we give more of ourselves to God and obey Him, the Holy Spirit creates more of the desire to glorify God and be in His presence. I love a verse in 2 Chronicles 17:16 which speaks of a man named Amasiah. He is only referenced to once in the Bible (as far as I can find), but what a reference!
II Chronicles 17:16 “And next him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself unto the LORD; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valour.”
Have you ever “willingly offered yourself unto the LORD?” This is an incredible complement to Amasiah, that he is memorialized as being offered unto the Lord. I greatly desire to hear my Lord describe me this way.
A person who is offered to the Lord will obey Him.
Romans 8:16-17 “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.”
Do you wake up in the morning hoping Jesus will return – hoping so much it brings you to tears?
Personally, I can say with everything that I am I hope Jesus returns at this moment. I struggle with having patience waiting for my King to return. I desire to be in His presence right now. Yes, I will suffer loss on some things, but I do believe that He is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him. I look forward to receiving rewards I can give back to Him.
Are you just going through the motions or do you greatly desire to see Jesus return? This is our blessed hope. The answer to this question may indicate you have left your first love or never met Him.
Hebrews 12:28-29 “Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire.”
Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
Have you ever thought about the depth of this verse? We often use this verse to support the sanctity of life in the womb, but another truth can be seen. Can you see what this verse reveals of our wonderful God and our future?
Here it is. God already knows you in eternity’s future. More fundamentally, God is not limited by time.
Similar to how God knew your name before the foundations of the world were laid, God already knows you in the ages future. God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. This means He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and everywhere present. This not only means in location but in time. This is mind boggling, but our wonderful God knows who and what we will be in eternity. The Bible says time will end (Rev 10:6), but if we counted 2 billion years in the future, our God already knows that moment. Therefore, God says He knew Jeremiah before he formed him.
In other words, Jeremiah had a starting point; but, before that starting point, God already knew Jeremiah in the eternal future. There is so much depth in that truth alone. Jesus dying for us and purchasing our salvation was planned. How can we not love our God and willingly offer ourselves to Him?
- Remember this life is so very temporary.
- Remember our gracious and merciful God. He loved us when we were His enemies.
- Remember to love your Savior, Jesus. Obedience demonstrates our love (John 14:15, 21); it doesn’t buy salvation.
The last days of this age are becoming perilous. Now is the time to stand up and be counted with Christ. Romans 12:1 says, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”
I look forward to seeing the emerald rainbow around God’s throne (Rev 4:3).
I look forward to seeing Jesus in His glorified state (Rev 1:13, 19:11-16).
I look forward to being free from the bondage of corruption (Romans 8:19-23).
Biblically, what do you look forward to in the future? Think on these things (Phil 4:8).
Luke 21:28 “And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.”