Schoolchildren were given a list containing the beginnings of famous sayings and asked to provide endings for each one.
Here’s what they came up with:
* The grass is always greener … when you leave the sprinkler on.
* A rolling stone … plays the guitar.
* A bird in the hand … is a real mess.
* No news is … no newspaper.
* It’s better to light one candle … than to waste electricity.
* It’s always darkest just before … I open my eyes.
* You have nothing to fear but … homework.
* If you can’t stand the heat … don’t start the fireplace.
* Never put off ’til tomorrow … what you should have done yesterday.
* A penny saved is … nothing in the real world.