Schoolchildren were given a list containing the beginnings of famous sayings and asked to provide endings for each one.
Here’s what they came up with:
* We have nothing to fear but … our principal.
* To err is human … To eat a muskrat is not.
* I think … therefore I get a headache.
* Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry, … and someone yells, “Shut up!”
* It’s always darkest … before 11:30 p.m.
* Early to bed and early to rise … is first in the bathroom.
* A journey of a thousand miles begins … with a blister.
* There is nothing new under … the bed.
* Don’t count your chickens … it takes too long.
* The grass is always greener … when you put manure on it.