Why Preach Holiness As A Second Definite Work Of Grace?
1. Because God “wills” the sanctification of all His people. I. Thess. 4:3; Heb. 10:10.
2. Because Jesus died that He might sanctify the people — the church — with His own blood. Heb. 13: 12; Eph. 5:25-27.
3. Because the Holy Spirit is outpoured and given that He might sanctify. Rom. 15:16; Thess. 2:13; I. Peter 1:2.
4. Because he cannot preach the whole Gospel without preaching holiness as a second work. 1. Cor. 13; Acts 26:18.
5. Because it is the great need of the church in order to regain and maintain her spirituality. Heb. 12:13-15.
6. Because it unifies His people and thus brings strength and efficiency to the church. John 17:17-21; Heb. 2:11; II. Tim. 2:21.
7. Because it is the short cut to the salvation of the unsaved. John 16:8; John 17:21.
8. Because it generates the Missionary spirit and hastens the Evangelization of the world. Ezek. 36:23.
9. Because “without holiness no man can see the Lord.” Heb. 12:14.
10. Because it is the secret of success in the ministry: it invariably stirs Satan and brings the blessings of God. Because of the joy and blessings it brings to the preacher’s own heart. Preaching holiness as a second work is the greatest luxury on earth.