There are dozens of signs that prove the United States has become a “Big Brother” police state. Here are just twenty of those signs:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013, President Barack Obama did what constitutionalists and civil libertarians knew he would do: He signed into law the renewal of his power to apprehend and detain Americans indefinitely on no more authority than his own suspicion of their complicity with enemies in the “War on Terror.” With more of a whimper than a bang, the president signed the Fiscal Year 2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
As he did on New Year’s Eve 2011 when he signed last year’s version of the NDAA, President Obama appended a signing to the act. This time, however, there were no promises of protecting Americans from deprivations of due process. This time, the signing statement (I would agree with Benjamin Wittes of the Lawfare blog who suggests it is more of a “whining statement” recounts all the reasons the president had for vetoing the bill. Somehow, however, he managed to hold his nose and sign this unconstitutional, no longer unprecedented, giant leap toward statism, absolutism, and outright unapologetic tyranny. 
2. Lawmakers in Washington D.C. working to create a new immigration bill have decided on a way to prevent employers from hiring illegal immigrants: a national biometric identification card all American workers would be required to obtain.
3. Barack Obama is backing a plan to create a national database to store the DNA of people who have been arrested but not necessarily convicted of a crime.
4. Just to get on an airplane, Americans may have to go through new full-body scanners that reveal every detail of our exposed bodies to airport security officials.
5. If that was not bad enough, the Transportation Security Administration has announced that airport screeners will begin roving through airports randomly taking chemical swabs from passengers and their bags to check for explosives.
6. Some passengers on Canadian airlines flying to, from or even over the United States without ever landing there, will only be allowed to board their flights once the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has determined they are not terrorists.
7. Organic milk is a threat to the FDA, which conducts military style raids on Amish farmers in Pennsylvania.
8. An NYPD officer has broken his silence confessing that innocent citizens are being set up and falsely arrested and ticketed in order to meet quotas.
9. A growing number of police departments across the U.S. are turning to mobile camera systems in order to fight motor vehicle theft and identify unregistered cars.
10. For decades, Arizona has been known as “the sunset state,” but lately many frustrated residents have started calling it “the surveillance state.”
11. Judges and police in Florida have been caught using “secret codes” on tickets in the state of Florida.
12. An extensive investigation has revealed that between 2003 and 2007, that state of Texas quietly gave hundreds of newborn baby blood samples to a U.S. Armed Forces laboratory for use in a forensics database.
13. A 6-year-old girl was recently handcuffed and sent to a mental facility after throwing temper tantrums at her elementary school.
14. A 12-year-old girl in New York was arrested and marched out of her school in handcuffs because she doodled on her desk.
15. In Florida, students have been arrested by police for things as simple as bringing a plastic butter knife to school, throwing an eraser, and drawing a picture of a gun.
16. When a mother on a flight to Denver spanked both of her children and cussed out a flight attendant who tried to intervene, she suddenly found herself handcuffed and headed for prison. She was charged with being a domestic terrorist under the Patriot Act.
17. A new global treaty will require U.S. Internet service providers to spy on what you do online. [They are doing that already.]
18. A leaked Obama administration memo has revealed plans for the federal government to seize more than 10 million acres of land from Montana to New Mexico.
19. NSA (National Security Agency) exposed for spying on Americans and world leaders.  
19. Fifty-six percent of Americans questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll said that the U.S. government has become so large and powerful that it poses an immediate threat to the rights and freedoms of ordinary citizens.
20. A poll in 2010 found that 51 percent of Americans agree with this statement: “It is necessary to give up some civil liberties in order to make the country safe from terrorism.” 
“Oppression makes a wise man mad” (Ecclesiastes 7:7a).
 http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.php/2013/10/28/nsa-spying-on-world- leaders
 “20 Signs That The United States Is Rapidly Becoming A Totalitarian Big Brother Police State.” http://thisistheendoftheworldasweknowit.com/archives/20-sig ns-that-the-united-states-is-rapidly-becoming-a-totalitarian-big-brother-police-state.