Kids And Cliches
Schoolchildren were given a list containing the beginnings of famous sayings and asked to provide endings for each one. Here's what they came up with:
* The grass is always greener ... when you leave the sprinkler on.
* A rolling stone ... plays the guitar.
* A bird in the hand ... is a real mess.
* No news is ... no newspaper.
* It's better to light one candle ... than to waste electricity.
* It's always darkest just before ... I open my eyes.
* You have nothing to fear but ... homework.
* If you can't stand the heat ... don't start the fireplace.
* Never put off 'til tomorrow ... what you should have done yesterday.
* A penny saved is ... nothing in the real world.