Dr. David Jeremiah had a sermon series some years ago with this title. Like me, he noticed aberrations in the culture and in the church and stated he just didn’t think he would live to see them.
I’ve come up with my own list as 2017 winds down. It has been an historic year to say the least.
Things aren’t falling apart, they are falling into place.
I didn’t think I would live to see:
- The earth reeling in an apocalyptic manner, yet most going about business as usual — eating, drinking, and enjoying life.
- Every natural disaster preceded by words such as “unprecedented”, “history-making”, or “of biblical proportion.”
- A hurricane (Irma) so strong that it was measured on a device that tracks earthquakes.
- A major U.S. newspaper say that someday “everyone will get willingly micro-chipped.”
- Planned Parenthood team up with Satanists and cooperate in their mutual evil.
- Some people heed the warning signs of impending natural disasters but scoff at the ultimate warnings that Jesus is returning soon and you must be ready.
- America seriously talk about the possibility of an EMP attack and Hawaii warn of a nuclear attack by North Korea.
- Over 40% of Americans say they would prefer socialism over capitalism.
- Actors in Central Park simulate the assassination of a U.S. President.
- Satanic outfits be granted IRS tax-exempt status while Christians and conservatives are overlooked and ignored.
- A leader of the Catholic Church in South America state that Pope Francis is paving the way for the Antichrist.
- A major U.S. newspaper — The Washington Post — call Satan good and call him a great representation of secularism.
- A discussion of womb transplants for men.
- Preschoolers being lectured by a demonic horned creature that transgenderism is normal.
- The “powertainment industry” (Hollywood) so weakened due to scandals that its influence is diminishing as people boycott films in disgust.
- The Boy Scouts allowing girls to join the organization.
- Word of a revival in North Korea.
- The son of a Hamas leader, who is now a Christian, tell the United Nations that Palestinian leaders are a bunch of terrorists.
- Rick Warren state that he hoped his partnership with a Catholic leader would become the ecumenical model for the entire world.
- K – 12 U.S. educators demonizing Israel and lauding Islam.
- A Democrat Party leader — Donna Brazille — blow the whistle on Democrat Party corruption. Politicians usually circle the wagons and protect their own.
- The daily scoldings I get from people protesting my pre-Tribulation Rapture-timing theology. (This is not a salvation issue, folks.)
- The return of the bubonic plague.
A prominent secular talk show host said we live in interesting times — too interesting. He longs to go back to the 1950s. He doesn’t understand that the last days would be characterized by a departure from the normal and an acceleration of the aberrant. He can’t grasp the fact that the Bible predicted a lot of what our headlines state today.
It’s all falling into place.
I talk about our troubled times with Dr. Dave Reagan and Nathan Jones on “Christ in Prophecy TV” November 12 and 26. Find the first program below. Learn more at www.lamblion.com.